132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies has a need for a Clinical Informationist-Analytics to support our government customer. Preferred locations will be San Antonio, Falls Church or remote
Description of Responsibilities:
- Access, validate and analyze information about the MHS population by developing, validating, and linking various medical, safety, environmental, occupational and personnel databases.
- Adhere to project deadlines and schedules as defined by the Government.
- Aggregate and analyze population health data to respond to questions from the various Congressional inquiries, DoD senior leaders, Service-specific Headquarters agencies, and the MTFs.
- Analyze problems, propose solutions, and meet programmatic goals.
- Assist customers in developing local processes and outcome measures by providing research, analyses and information.
- Collaborate with designers to develop interface functionality.
- Collaborate with DHA and other applicable agencies to link program data with other health and personnel data to support a longitudinal database.
- Coordinate and arrange for program data transfer from DHA, MCSCs, MTFs, and other users of various programs.
- Coordinate with DHA Directorates and Senior leadership regarding clinical and business metrics
- Create interactive products for use by DHA, MAJCOM, Field Operating Agency (FOA), and MTF leadership that aid in decision support. Such products may be stand-alone or may be part of other “dashboard” systems.
- Define process test conditions and requirements.
- Develop concepts through sketching and other prototyping methods.
- Develop scope and understand technical requirements with input from client and/or third party partner(s).
- Direct telephone inquiries to proper point of contact (POC).
- Ensure coordination of all products/services provided with the appropriate management levels, as required by applicable policies or procedures.
- Identify and document system deficiencies and recommend solutions.
- Identify and troubleshoot data import, analysis, and display errors from multiple data sources.
- Link applicable program data with other health and personnel data to support a longitudinal database.
- Monitor and analyze trends in MTF performance measures/metrics in efforts to improve overall patient care.
- Participate in user studies to understand user behaviors/preferences and build interface solutions
- Perform clinical and business analytical studies using accepted data science techniques to provide insight into areas of trending/improvement for prevention, managed care, medical readiness issues, health promotion, clinical safety and quality, and other health Service-related issues.
- Perform operational testing as needed upon major system changes.
- Prepare written business correspondence that is complete, coherent, grammatically accurate, effective, and professional and IAW DoD Tongue and Quill.
- Produce and distribute interim and summary processes and outcome measures for DHA, MTFs, and MHS as required by COR.
- Provide ad hoc data/reports or queries and other activities as required.
- Provide analytical tools and resources to assess the health of the MHS beneficiary population
- Provide data analysis and decision support using research expertise as well as literature review/evidence-base to develop clinical and business measures and prototypes of health information technology (IT) tools, programs, procedures, services or databases to support DHA’s goal of building a managed healthcare system that considers and optimizes safety, quality, cost and access.
- Provide evaluation of program operations and consultation for questions/concerns across regions, from Managed Care Support Contractors (MCSC), MTFs, DHA, and other users of the applicable program.
- Provide exploratory and meta-data analysis and prepare reports as needed.
- Provide information and communicate with internal/external DHA customers.
- Provide information to the Medical Director as required to justify, defend and negotiate significant or controversial issues at internal and external meetings.
- Provide input to Medical Director for internal/external meetings, working groups, seminars and conferences.
- Provide input, edit, review, develop and/or present a wide variety of documents, including letters, bullet background papers, staff summary sheets, presentations, spreadsheets, forms, metrics, reports, briefings, procedural manual development, e.g., operating instructions.
- Provide program data queries and analyses, integrating medical knowledge and analytical software applications as available.
- Provide program management to refine the business and clinical measures and prototypes for optimal implementation by DHA and other agencies/MHS as appropriate.
- Provide programming and coding subject matter support for refining the development of new systems and for optimal implementation by the DHA, DoD and other agencies as needed.
- Provide response/work to support ad-hoc analytics requests, including briefs to Senior Leadership in the DHA.
- Provide technical consultation and customer support for implementation, troubleshooting and management for these and other public health, primary care and health promotion activities.
- Provide technical expertise in the areas of prevention, managed care, medical readiness issues, health promotion, clinical safety and quality, and other health Service-related
issues in order to support the DHA’s vision of becoming the healthiest and highest
performing segment of the US.
- Provide technical expertise in the clinical and business metrics and areas including population health, managed care, medical readiness, provider productivity, clinical services and other health service-related issues.
- Provide technical expertise to customers.
- Provide technical expertise to end-users for the development of content to fit the target user/brand experience.
- Provide technical expertise to MTFs to keep pace with clinical practice parameters, benchmarked to outside agencies, including but not limited to, The Joint Commission and NCQA.
- Provide technical knowledge to customers, internal and external to DHA, regarding study design and methodologies.
- Provide the analytics and research expertise to develop prototypes of tools (e.g., DHA Dashboard, driver diagrams, Performance Plans), programs, procedures, services, or databases to support the DHA’ goal of building a managed healthcare system that considers and optimizes safety, quality, access and resources/cost.
- Provide the investigative and research expertise to develop prototypes of tools, programs, procedures, services or databases to support the DHA goal to build a managed healthcare system that integrates quality, cost and access.
- Provide training to DHA and other staff members on projects and programs as requested.
- Provide/contribute technical expertise to other DOD services in analyzing program data.
- Recommend, develop and monitor clinical process improvement and outcome metrics.
- Research information and provide answers to questions for internal/external DHA customers.
- Research, identify and apply, when available, national/standardized benchmarks and thresholds to DHA/MHS metrics as appropriate or the Contractor shall identify reasons why the established benchmarks/thresholds/methods are not appropriate/relevant.
- Serve as POC for analytics requests or in areas of subject matter expertise as requested such as clinical/business metrics, e.g., provider productivity/efficiency, enrollment.
- Support the Government as the lead clinical and business information resource in the documentation, plan, design, build, implementation, and maintenance of clinical and business information systems for the DHA and its internal/external customers.
- Support the specialized senior level functional and clinical/business domain experts and provide clinical and business expertise to successfully incorporate clinical systems within departmental and organizational environments.
- Use established and updated data science and analytical/statistical techniques/ methodologies, tools (e.g., software)
GENERAL REQUIRED SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
- Ability to acquire skills/capabilities necessary to meet growing needs/demands of systems/software/hardware.
- Ability to critically examine and evaluate, problem-solve.
- Ability to deliver products on time, on schedule, within budget. Flexibility and ability to adapt to rapidly changing and often time-constrained environment.
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and clearly communicate analytical discoveries and appropriate recommendations/mitigation strategies to all levels of customers including Senior DHA leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to organize/participate/lead working groups to develop analytic products and byproducts or to develop/understand processes leading to effective optimization of analytic efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to provide accurate and timely analytical products containing well- reasoned and cogent discussion points providing leadership with substantiated options or courses of action.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks with multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office products PLUS additional software/hardware skills and capabilities.
- Proven ability to synthesize disparate data from multiple sources and coalesce into an accurate and useful analytic product, incorporating Service and MHS strategic goals for use by leadership in both tactical and strategic decision making.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Analyze data and interpret results to identify significant differences in relationships.
- Assess and continually monitor the performance of predictive models and the impact on related outcomes.
- Build predictive models using a variety of statistical, established and innovative, techniques.
- Develop automatic generation of standard updates covering modeling and performance metrics.
- Develop system and service line-specific data models to aid descriptive and predictive analysis of the DHA patient population and healthcare system.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 11 paid holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click here to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, K?pono Government Services, and K?pili Services, Po`okela Solutions, K?kaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*