132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Event Marketer - Hybrid/Remote in Minneapolis
Event Marketer - Hybrid/Remote in Minneapolis
Job Type: Full-time
Full Job Description
This position is primarily responsible for event management for large-scale educational conferences and/or smaller, audience-specific functions within the Central Marketing Events portfolio. In collaboration with the Manager, Marketing Events, this role will have lead or support planner responsibilities for assigned events in support of NMDP and CIBMTR operations.
Our ideal candidate will provide outstanding management of effective and remarkable events that meet the intended overall event strategy, deliverables and objectives both creatively and consistently. S/he must be able to work well within time limits to plan, resource, and oversee the events. The abilities to multitask and prioritize are essential, as responsibilities include contract negotiation, vendor interface, venue logistics, sourcing speakers and entertainment, transportation, attendee communications, VIP guests, A/V equipment partner, etc. This position can be hybrid/remote in the Minneapolis area, working onsite events as needed. #LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid
Check out our video Saving Lives: It’s the Best Job Ever
- Participate in strategic planning for all assigned events with special attention to meeting the event objectives in all stages of event planning, design, and production.
- Provide planning expertise and onsite support to assigned events from concepting phase through completion and evaluation.
- Maintain NMDP/CIBMTR’s brand presence as a key priority in execution of all events
- Implements and manages NMDP/CIBMTR assigned events based on revenue goals, expense guidelines and timelines for the successful completion of programs and activities.
- Leads planning team meetings and oversee logistics and deliverables for assigned signature events.
- Engage and coordinate with vertical leaders, as necessary, to support content planning and overall event messaging and execution.
- Negotiate and manage interactions with event vendors and suppliers
- Oversee event timelines, budgets, contract negotiation/review and invoice reconciliation.
- Prepares and maintains accurate and complete records/files for the events for reference.
- In collaboration with team leadership, ensures coordination of the creation, design and development of event collateral materials, including invitations, onsite design/collateral and sponsorship opportunities both electronic and print.
- Reviews status (progress, budget, timeline) of events with leadership on a scheduled basis.
- Provide internal expertise provide production support to events on virtual event platforms, including Cvent, Pathable and ON24.
- Provide internal expertise and knowledge of Cvent/Registration modules.
- Providing clear, well-written periodic reports to stakeholders, including pre-and post-event evaluations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience as event manager.
- Exhibit outstanding communication and negotiation ability.
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Quickly problem-solve in high-pressure situations.
- Demonstrate attendee-experience and strategic objective orientation.
- Be extremely well-organized with strong project management skills.
- Handle multiple details and deadlines simultaneously, and able to easily move between strategic and tactical work.
- Be a self-starter who takes initiative and ownership.
- Work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Travel as necessary, approximately 3 trips per year.
- Be self-motivated, results oriented and demonstrate strong organizational and project management skills.
- Communicate effectively, both written and oral.
- Demonstrate proven negotiation skills.
- Take direction and input to develop effective and engaging branded events that achieve the business goals.
- Influence and coordinate the efforts of other team members.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in marketing, communications or non-profit management.
- Three years’ experience in management or support of not-for-profit events, preferably within a health-related organization.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Additional qualifications that may make a person even more effective in the role, but are not required for consideration)
- Experience with event and/or project management technology platforms, especially Cvent, ON24, Pathable, Asana or other virtual event platforms.
- Volunteer Management experience
Proof of being up-to-date on COVID-19 vaccination, including a booster when eligible, with acceptable documentation is required for employment. NMDP will consider all requests for medical or religious accommodation.
- Pay Basis: Yearly
- Schedule: Full-time
- Driver Policy: No
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*