Community Outreach Manager
Community Outreach Manager
Full Job Description
Cancer Pathways is seeking a Community Outreach Manager for a part-time position of 24 hours per week*. As part of our team, this individual will lead outreach efforts in Eastern Washington (with an emphasis on Yakima and the Tri-Cities area) including Spanish-speaking communities. They will represent Cancer Pathways to community groups, hospitals, and other organizations that provide services to those who have been impacted by cancer.
The best candidate will have a background in public health or nonprofit work, is highly organized, and a strong ability to build relationships with others. The individual should also be a team player and be able to communicate effectively in writing, on the phone, through emails, and in person. Empathy and sensitivity are key. The work we do at Cancer Pathways is rewarding, impactful, and important.
At Cancer Pathways, formerly known as Gilda’s Club Seattle, we believe that no one should face cancer alone. For over 20 years, we have been providing unique cancer support programs and services to children, teens, adults, and their families and friends impacted by cancer. Whether it is at schools, workplaces or in diverse community settings, our programs are designed to meet people where they are at in their experience with cancer.
- Lead the outreach efforts in Eastern Washington (Yakima and Tri-Cities area, as well as Spokane). Build relationships with local schools, hospitals, workplaces, and community organizations that support those who have been impacted by cancer, including communities that have traditionally been underserved or underrepresented.
- Establish, educate, and nurture relationships with organizations who provide referrals to Cancer Pathways. This may be done through community health fairs, events, one-on-one meetings, or through promotional marketing campaigns in the local areas.
- Help support the expansion of Cancer Pathways services to Eastern Washington. This includes:
- Bringing our teen education program, Cancer Happens®, into the schools in the Yakima/ Tri-Cities area. This requires promoting the program, scheduling with schools, facilitating presentations, and building strong relationships with the teachers. Provide pre/ post surveys and do data collection through Google Sheets.
- Coordinate with the Cancer Pathways Youth & Family Program Manager and Social Worker to bring Camp Sparkle into Eastern Washington. This position will serve as a Camp Manager for Eastern Washington: recruitment of campers, counselors, and volunteers; schedule appropriate activities and guests as needed; manage camp budget for Eastern Washington.
- Promote our teen writing contest, Cancer Unwrapped, to local communities and schools.
- Collect and report numbers from outreach engagements in the community.
- Help strategize, plan, and implement prevention and early detection campaigns as directed by the Program Director.
- Share community trends from the counties being served and use data to inform future programs.
- Work closely with the Eastern Washington Social Worker to collaborate and support Cancer Pathways programs.
- The Community Outreach Manager will report to the Program Director.
- Masters degree in public health or related field from an accredited institution.
- At least 2 years of work experience in a hospital, nonprofit, or other community-based setting.
- Some weekend and evening work may be required.
- Travel within Washington state is required. Compensation for mileage will be provided based on the current IRS mileage rate.
- This position will work the majority of the time remotely, but will require a great deal of meeting out in the community in the Yakima and Tri-Cities areas.
- Candidates will be expected to come to the Seattle office from time to time for staff retreats.
- This position will require at least 24 hours a week with the option to increase work to full-time at 40 hours a week as approved by the Program Director.
Starting salary range of $40,000 – $50,000. Salary will depend on part-time or full-time and can be discussed in the interview process.
Email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Amy Wooten at: email@example.com
At Cancer Pathways, we strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*