132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Part-Time Student Success Coach
Part-Time Student Success Coach
Full Job Description
The Education Foundation of Sarasota County considers a Student Success Coach to be a dynamic and multi-tasking professional who is passionate about education and preparing all students for life after high school. Student Success Coaches are energetic, goal-driven, and student-centered. Working closely with the Education Foundation of Sarasota County’s Chief Program Officer, the Part-Time Student Success Coach will provide students and families access to the Education Foundation’s programs, resources, services, and training. The Part-Time Student Success Coach will work closely with students and their families as they navigate decisions for life after high school. When available, this individual will make connections with education stakeholders which include school counselors, administrators, faculty and staff, volunteers, community and business partners, college representatives, and career and industry professionals to support the shared vision which is to ensure every student graduates from high school with a plan that leads to success.
The Part-Time Student Success Coach will uphold the Education Foundation of Sarasota County’s mission which is to enhance the potential of students, promote excellence in teaching, and inspire innovation in education guided by strategic philanthropy.
EDUCATION FOUNDATION OF SARASOTA COUNTY CREED:
- We believe education changes lives.
- We believe every child deserves to reach his/her full potential.
- We believe in creating brighter futures for our children.
- We believe in leading in education innovations by taking calculated risks.
- We believe an investment in a child’s education is the best investment anyone can make.
EDUCATION FOUNDATION OF SARASOTA COUNTY VALUES:
- We act on the belief that all children can learn and succeed.
- We fulfill all professional duties with honesty and integrity.
- We accept responsibility and accountability for our actions and behaviors.
- We commit to serving others before self.
- We enable access to quality education, considering not just academic attainment but also the development of the whole student.
- We make the education and well-being of students the fundamental value of all decision making.
- We seek to improve the effectiveness of the education profession by investing in professional development.
- We model the ethical behaviors we expect from others.
- We uphold a culture of philanthropy through donor-centered relationships.
- We build strong partnerships through authentic collaboration.
QUALITIES OF AN IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Possess a deep, abiding passion for the mission and goals of the Education Foundation of Sarasota County.
- A belief in helping students succeed while supporting them with post-secondary goals.
- Demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence and ethical standards.
- Possess a high degree of flexibility, self-motivation, ingenuity, and creativity.
- The ability to serve North and South County students and families with amble notice.
- Understand services are usually provided between 7:30am-7:30pm.
- Be open minded, adaptable, and collaborative.
- Have a strong ability to cultivate and maintain positive and authentic relationships and work with various constituencies, including faculty, guidance, parents, students, college admissions officers, career and industry professionals, and community partners.
- Exude excellent public speaking skills and written communication skills.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and quickly changing environment.
- Be highly organized with attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently, and to collaborate with team members on programming, policies, procedures, and events.
- Impeccable customer service and outstanding professionalism
- Demonstrate the ability to provide students with access to programs, resources, services, and trainings identified in Education Foundation of Sarasota County’s Student Programming Framework.
- Believe and support in a donor-centered philanthropic culture
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The goals of a Part-Time Student Success Coach are to assist students and families as they make informed college and career decisions for life after high school. The individual serving in this role will provide students, and their families access to programs, resources, services, and trainings offered by the Education Foundation of Sarasota County. This access will help students and their families prepare for life after high school.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Provide students, and their families access to programs, resources, services, and trainings offered by the Education Foundation of Sarasota County.
- Provide career and college application, entrance information and assistance to students.
- Aid in planning, coordinating, scheduling, and publicizing various activities, events, workshops, college fairs, college excursions, rep visits, career chats, career expos, and other opportunities and services for students and families.
- Provide feedback when needed during the development, creation and/or preparation of materials to assist students in accessing and utilizing college, career, and life readiness information as needed for research, assignments, and post-high school planning.
- Obtain, organize, and display materials pertaining to college, career, and life planning.
- Support and assist students within applying to/for colleges, universities, entrance and admissions examinations, financial aid applications, military, grants, scholarships, internships, externships, fellowships, jobs, etc.
- Attend meetings for the Education Foundation of Sarasota County as needed.
- Monitor and obtain knowledge of all college, career, and life readiness information and resources at the local, state, and national level that may benefit students.
- Monitor, assess and maintain data using a sophisticated tracking system to document support to each student.
- Monitor, assess, and maintain additional data using a sophisticated tracking system to identify graduation rates, college acceptance and admittance, scholarship offerings, college, and career attainment, etc. for each student impacted by Education Foundation’s programs, resources, services, and trainings.
- Aid in developing, maintaining, and updating a comprehensive college, career, and life readiness library including information on careers, career clusters, career pathways, employment prospects, trends, college brochures, college catalogs, internships, apprenticeships, externships, and test prep resources.
- Provide students with information related to scholastic and achievement assessments, aptitude and ability tests, career, and interest inventories.
- Attend meetings, professional development, conferences, and seminars as determined by the Education Foundation of Sarasota County when available.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree (advanced degree and/or counseling degree preferred), 3 years of college and career advising, school counseling, and/or related work experience and demonstrated success in education.
- Creative, strategic, and thoughtful approach to assessing and improving current programs, resources, services, and training.
- Proven ability to support students in their postsecondary goals.
- Proven track-record to effectively lead teams, programs, trainings, initiatives, etc.
- High emotional intelligence and ethical standards.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team building skills.
- Genuine affinity for working with children and families in an educational setting.
- High level of competence using technology.
This position is a part-time, contracted position with no benefits. This position has opportunity for career advancement. Submit letter of interest and resume to email address listed. No phone calls, please.
Work Location: This position will require the individual to be flexible in hours worked and location as they will be asked to provide college, career, and life readiness support to families when needed.
Job Types: Contract, Part-time
Pay: $22.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- College and Career Advising/ school counseling: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*