132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Project Manager-Real Estate Development
Abode Communities is a nonprofit social enterprise that has been rooted in community development throughout the State of California since 1968. More than an affordable housing provider, our work fosters a culture of housing inclusion by integrating families and individuals with neighborhoods so communities at-large can thrive.
Under the direction of an Associate Vice President, Development, the Project Manager will have primary responsibility for the full range of development activities for selected housing and community development projects, including new construction and acquisition/rehab projects. Project Managers are experienced problem solvers, relationship builders, collaborative, adaptable, and kind.
- Manage all phases of development including initial financial feasibility analysis, overseeing design development, securing all necessary financing, procuring and contracting with all third-party consultants, overseeing construction.
- Manage all aspects of financing developments; identify funding sources and complete loan/funding applications; secure predevelopment, construction and permanent financing.
- Coordinate with asset management, property management and resident services during predevelopment and construction to ensure smooth tenant relations.
- Manage the construction process; select and negotiate contract with contractors; monitor construction team.
- Manage transition to operations; supervise property management; monitor tenant selection and lease up.
A bachelor’s degree and one to three years of experience in urban planning, business or real estate/housing development or finance, or a graduate degree in a related field and one to three years’ experience in housing development, real estate development, urban planning, business, finance or a related field.
- Some knowledge of key aspects of real estate development and finance, land use and entitlement, property due diligence and acquisition, and site planning and design. Direct experience with at least some phases of the development process preferred.
- Familiarity with affordable housing finance structures including low-income housing tax credits and syndication concepts.
- Knowledge of and experience with loan packaging, public and private affordable housing resources, and subsidy programs.
- Ability to initiate and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with team members, local government agencies, consultants, lenders/investors, and community stakeholders.
- Well-organized, detail oriented, and excellent analytical skills; proficiency in sophisticated financial analysis using Excel and with word processing software such as Microsoft Word.
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills; good client and public presentation skills; and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- An entrepreneurial and creative approach to problem-solving in the field of real estate development; enthusiasm and team building spirit.
This full-time hourly position comes with a competitive benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, Flex Spending Account, company-paid Long-Term Disability, Basic Life and AD&D, 401(k) plan with Employer Match.
Our organization is committed to promoting its employees’ work-life balance by offering a 9/80 alternative workweek schedule (9-hour workday Monday-Thursday and every other Friday off) and generous paid time off policies (Vacation starting at 12 days per year, 12 Sick days, 11 Company Paid Holidays).
Currently this position works a hybrid schedule- 2 days a week on site and the rest from home.
Abode Communities is an equal opportunity employer.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*