132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Full Job Description
Full-time position, flexible/remote location, NAMER or EU
The Manager, Communications oversees the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC)’s membership communications, reports and special projects. The role serves as the liaison between the Membership and Marketing Communications departments.
The SAC is an independent and impact-creating organization that aims to lead the industry toward a shared vision of sustainability based upon a joint approach for measuring, evaluating, and improving performance.
As a non-profit organization, it has members from across the apparel, footwear and textile sector, but exists independently outside any one company so that it can drive progress. The SAC’s collective action efforts bring more than 280 global brands, retailers, manufacturers, NGOs, academics and industry associations together. They represent about half of the apparel and footwear industry along the whole supply chain – from sustainability pioneers to organizations just getting started.
As a membership organization, effective communications to the global membership is critical to the SAC’s success, and this role will lead on how SAC members receive news and updates from the organization.
- Oversee membership communications, creating strategies and processes that support our strategic plan (new member comms onboarding, press release quotes, case study identification, maintaining member mailing list, monthly member newsletters, member emails, reviewing GMW and other event presentations, collecting/storing member quotes and stories)
- Work in partnership w/ content manager to administer schedule for membership communications activities and identify areas for improvement
- Manage multiple membership comms projects, as needed, and ensure deadlines are met for each project at each stage of production
- Manage development of tools and resources that help members understand who we are, what we do and why we do it, and provide tools to allow them to communicate this information through their own channels
- Work with comms colleagues to help ensure member stories are being told to external audiences and help identify members with stories worth telling
- Maintain an effective communications calendar for member communications.
- Serve as liaison between membership team and marketing communications team / Facilitate membership communication development in partnership with membership team and marketing communications team
- Work with management to prioritize member information needs and recommend ways to streamline member communications
- Ensure SAC staff are aware of activities related to membership communications, including posting regular updates through internal communications platforms like Slack
Measurement & Reporting
- Identify KPIs for content being developed and regularly report on the performance of campaigns, highlighting successes and key learnings
- Manage development of key SAC reports like the Annual Report and ensure they highlight the benefits of being an SAC member and tell the story of how the SAC is having a positive impact.
Qualifications and Experience
Ideal candidate has:
- 4-7 years of experience in communications; experience in a matrix, membership organization a distinct advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or other related fields and/or related work experience
- Proficient in GSuite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media and emerging technologies
- Knowledge of design tools like Canva, Photoshop and InDesign is an advantage, as are WordPress and Mailchimp.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Skilled in online and offline branding strategies and approaches.
- Project management and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time role, reporting directly to the Senior Director of Communications.
Compensation and Location
Remote, NAMER or EU. SAC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Salary bands are based on the country of location. SAC is a global organization, and as such, SAC staff sometimes work early or late hours.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Inc. is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and organization’s achievement as well. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*