132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Events & Communications Director
Events & Communications Director
Full Job Description
Reports to: Chief Advancement Officer
Direct Reports: Sr. Marketing Manager, PR & Digital Sr. Specialist
Date Available: Immediately
The Events & Communications Director is accountable for leading UPAF’s multi-channel donor communications and stewardship plan for key constituencies and creating and executing major fundraising events. The Director works collaboratively and cross-functionally with team members to deliver exceptional event experiences and to ensure alignment of UPAF’s internal and external communications.
- Develop and lead year-round communications plan for key constituencies.
- Manage creation and cadence of media / communications in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Manage stewardship of donors and event participants through acknowledgements, personal touchpoints and recognition.
- Develop, plan and execute annual fundraising events which includes managing a comprehensive timeline to meet key deadlines and optimizing fundraising revenue of $500,000+ for UPAF’s two largest events:
- Ride for the Arts, UPAF’s largest annual Fundraising event
- UPAF’s annual Golf Outing fundraising event
- Develop and execute premiere experience for UPAF donor events.
- Manages third-party vendors for the Ride for the Arts, negotiate contracts (e.g., venue, insurance), determine routes, secure permits and ensures safety for participants and volunteers.
- Develops and manages sponsorship packages and deliverables of sponsor event benefits.
- Collaborates with Development staff on identifying sponsorship opportunities.
- Manages planning and execution of UPAF donor and affinity events.
- Develops and manages event budgets and processes invoices in timely manner.
- Leads fundraising event Steering Committees responsible for driving many aspects of the event.
- Oversees recruitment of volunteers; Ride for the Arts, approx. 150 individuals; Golf Outing approx. 50 individuals on the day of the event.
- Oversees coordination of entertainment, activities and food, beverage and in-kind partnerships for all events.
- Oversees publicity schedule and social media activity.
- Provides comprehensive analysis and review of all events; ensures optimal ROI and develops plans to achieve optimal revenue results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in event planning and marketing.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Strong team building skills with an ability to lead individuals in achieving a common goal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe InDesign and Canva.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple priorities.
- Analytical skills to determine metrics/targets and best practices.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Nonprofit fundraising experience a plus.
Commensurate with experience with full benefits inclusive of health / dental / vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance, savings retirement plan and generous paid time off.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities