132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 10 New Jobs Today.
Planned Giving Coordinator
Planned Giving Coordinator
Full Job Description
Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, values and commitment to diversity make EDF an exciting and meaningful place to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join us?
Planned Giving Development Coordinator
Reporting to the Senior Director of Planned Giving, the Development Coordinator is responsible for administrative, data-related and communications tasks for Planned Giving within EDF's Development department.
This role can be performed in the New York City area on a flexible/hybrid arrangement, or 100% remote within the U.S., supporting the EDT.
- Handle mail and phone inquiries, including planned giving toll-free line, department email addresses, and Common Ground cases.
- Support Director of Planned Giving and Deputy Director of Planned Giving, assigned planned giving officers.
- Create, run, and distribute reports to track and manage planned giving goals .
- Draft charitable gift annuity proposals, tax letters, acknowledgments and estate letters.
- Assist in tracking open estates to ensure timely follow-up with executors and the collection of estate gifts.
- Implement workflow systems to enhance efficiency of operations through use of project space tools and Common Ground database.
- Process gifts in accordance with established procedures.
- Track and process donor communications and planned giving invoices.
- Make travel arrangements and complete expense reports for Planned Giving team.
- Schedule and coordinate program presentations for Development.
- Participate in department-wide initiatives, projects, meetings, retreats and other duties as assigned.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree a plus
- At least 3 years' work experience within planned giving and/or fundraising
- A minimum of 3 years' experience as a program or project coordinator
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously along with a strong understanding of how and when to prioritize
- Proven organizational skills
- Sensitivity with respect to handling confidential documents and financial data
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; demonstrated expertise in Excel
- Experience with fundraising databases and report-writing software strongly preferred
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint and PGCalc planned giving software preferred
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization. We take into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
The pay range for this role is shown below.
Please note that pay ranges are country specific. As a result, the stated currency is not meant be converted into any other currency.
Minimum Salary: USD $62,000.00/Yr. Maximum Salary: USD $68,000.00/Yr. EEO Information:
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities