132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Full Job Description
Daily Living Center
President & CEO
About Daily Living Center
Since 1974, Daily Living Centers (DLC) has provided rest and hope for caregivers. We are Oklahoma's first and leading non-profit adult day provider for senior adults and adults with disabilities ages 18 and older. We have three locations that offer non-residential affordable day services for over 200 participants 246 days a year in an environment that enhances mind, body, and spirit. While attending DLC our "participants" enjoy healthy meals, exercise programs, socialization, activities, and outings that meet their individual needs. We have a fleet of 21 vehicles including limos, wheelchair accessible vans, and sedans that provide door-to-door transportation and med rides. Many of our participants have physical and/or mental limitations or suffer from isolation and depression. Common diagnoses found in those we serve include dementia, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, stroke, traumatic brain injury, autism, Down Syndrome, and other developmental disabilities.
Annually, DLC programs serve over 68,000 healthy meals, 416 outings that provide community integration and over 30,000 door-to-door transportation services. We are staffed with LPNs & CNAs to provide healthcare and assistance with activities of daily living. Our services keep our participants healthy, independent, and thriving at home while reducing isolation. Caregivers benefit as well by giving them peace of mind and the ability to continue to work, and rest from 24/7 caregiver duties. DLC is a more affordable option than other forms of long-term care and saves the state money. DLC receives over $300,000 in adult day scholarship and over $100,000 transportation scholarship requests each year. Our goal is to never turn anyone away due to financial need. We hear often that our services are "life-saving." Please visit www.dlcok.org to discover more about DLC.
Daily Living Centers Board of Directors
The President will plan and direct all day-to-day administration of the agency and operating locations in accordance with applicable company, federal, state, and local standards. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the highest degree of quality care is delivered to participants. The ideal candidate will be an established leader, who possess the ability to successfully engage with stakeholders from various income level demographics. Possess a passion for our mission and extensive experience in advocacy, fundraising, and legislature.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in:
Strategic Vision and Leadership
- Foster a transparent working relationship with the Board and ensure open communication about the measurement of financial, programmatic, and performance against operational and strategic goals and objectives
- Collaborate with the board to refine and implement the strategic plan; while ensuring the budget, staff, and priorities are aligned with DLC’s core values and mission
Fundraising and Awareness
- Execute comprehensive marketing, public awareness, and business development strategies that result in high utilization rates for existing and new facilities
- Establish multifaceted relationships across public, private, and non-profit sector to diversify revenue sources from individual donors, foundations, corporate partners, and government agencies
- Daily Living Centers is a United Way of Central Oklahoma Partner Agency. The President & CEO is responsible for overseeing our United Way partnership, scholarship and required to attend monthly ADA meetings.
Programs and Operations
- Develop and retain a talented professional staff and management team to regularly evaluate programs for effectiveness and efficiency, including alleviating high turnover and low retention rates for direct care staff demographics
- Financially savvy and politically astute with the ability to set clear priorities for the agency, problem-solving skills that enable sound decision making; effectively communicate to the board, donors, and other constituents
Experience and Qualifications
- A proven executive with at least 10 years’ experience working in a mission-driven, non-profit agency or directing large-scaled organizations
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university, Post Graduate degree a plus
- Provide a voice for elderly care at State Agencies and the Legislature on budget issues
- Establishes financial goals and ensures assets are utilized, maintained, and safeguarded
- Implements policies and directives of the Board of Directors keeps the board informed
- Measures the impact of policy and procedural decisions on participant care
- Provides overall direction for the organizations human resource management policies and procedures according to local, state, and federal requirements
- Represents the organization effectively in community and governmental affairs
- Communicates organizations vision, values and goals both internally and externally
- Establishes and meets operational goals, measures systems to ensure high performance
- Responsible for overall leadership of the organization through complex decision-making
- Oversees the organization fundraising campaigns aimed at achieving fundraising targets
- Fosters a climate that embraces change/improvements that promotes continuous growth
- Provide strategic direction for the organization, developing strategies, plans, and goals
- Must meet the State of Oklahoma’s licensure requirements for Long-term Care Administration or ability to obtain a Long-Term Care Administrator designation
Passion for DLC’s mission of supporting caregivers and providing quality care to the elderly and disabled adults
- Energetic, authentic servant leader who demonstrates the highest standards of integrity
- Excellent analytic, organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate passion for the mission to donors, partners and stakeholders
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to foster a culture of excellence
- A high degree of emotional intelligence and self-awareness
Additional eligibility requirements
- Current Driver’s License with proof of current personal automobile insurance
- Safety and Sensitivity training
- Lifts, carries, and pushes equipment, or supplies exceeding 25lbs.
Travel Requirements - 40%
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the President and CEO.
Daily Living Centers (DLC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. DLC is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination for all those who participate. All those involved with the DLC will have equal opportunities and will not be judged because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, gender, sexual orientation, or age.
It is the policy of DLC to: Strictly follow personnel procedures that will ensure equal opportunity for all people without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, marital status, disability, veteran or draft status; make reasonable accommodations wherever necessary for all Team Members or applicants with disabilities, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made do not require significant difficulty or expense.
Daily Living Centers is proud to offer a wide range of benefits to include medical, dental, eye, life insurance, and paid vacation and sick leave. Commensurate with experience. Please send your resume to liphamdm at gmail.com. We look forward to meeting you!
DEADLINE: December 15, 2022
MOVING EXPENSES: Not included.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Nonprofit management: 4 years (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (Required)
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities