132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Major Gifts Officer
Major Gifts Officer
Full Job Description
What You Will Do:
Responsible for the engagement, cultivation, and solicitation of donors in support of the mission of University of Maryland Medical Center. The Officer will report to the VP and Executive Director of Philanthropy for the University of Maryland Medical System Foundation (UMMSF), which is the supporting foundation for several hospitals, including the flagship Downtown Medical Center, the Midtown Medical Center, and the UM Rehabilitation and Orthopedic Institute (UMROI), and medical departments throughout the system. This position is responsible for soliciting annual gifts of $10,000 and higher from prospects and donors to support the mission and needs of the Medical Center. The Officer may have a focus in cultivating donors and making gift requests for a specific hospital or department. Responsible for management of relationships with approximately 100+ prospective donors and expected to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward these donors.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
Responsible for ensuring UMMSF’s major donors have a positive and rewarding philanthropic experience. The Officer is responsible for the identification cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual prospects at the $10,000-and-above level.
- Develop strategies to identify, explore, cultivate, solicit and steward new and existing donors.
- Manage an active portfolio of approximately 100+ prospects and develop cultivation and solicitation strategies in line with UMMSF’s priorities and prospect interest.
- Oversee stewardship of a high-quality donor experience through correspondence, donor engagement, professional proposals, mailings, and acknowledgements.
- Visit with assigned prospects and donors in person and in accordance with established fundraising activity metrics, and with COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Achieve annual fundraising target.
- Participate in foundation events where donors are present, advise on the annual fund and relevant grants, and other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Experience and Qualifications
- An Associate degree and 3 - 5 years’ experience in annual or major gifts solicitation and portfolio management is required, or in lieu of a degree 6 – 8 years’ experience is required.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels within and outside UMMSF.
- Passion for the mission the UM Medical System as a whole.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and development databases (Raiser’s Edge preferred).
- Ability to travel as needed to donor meetings, events, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities