132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Vice President of Administration
Vice President of Administration
Full Job Description
Vice President of Administration (Local or Remote Applications Accepted)
Join a team that truly makes a difference in the world by funding game-changing cancer research and saving lives. The V Foundation for Cancer Research, co-founded by legendary basketball coach and announcer Jim Valvano and ESPN, provides a fun and rewarding environment where your work accelerates Victory Over Cancer. The V Foundation is a diverse community where employees are valued for their ideas and contributions. We offer phenomenal benefits including 100% of healthcare costs covered for you and your family and a generous paid time off plan.
Under the general direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President of Administration (“VPA”) will lead as a member of the Senior Leadership Team (“SLT”) to enhance value across long-term strategic and annual goals. The VPA will drive and support the direction and the operational excellence of senior leadership and the Cabinet leadership group (managers with direct reports in the organization). They will work closely with the CEO and executive staff to design systems that support growth and efficiencies, and embody the values of One Team to achieve our vision of Victory Over Cancer®.
As a strategist, the VPA will provide executive leadership over a range of priorities that spread across functional teams. The VPA will lead efforts that utilize data and analytics to improve efficiency and fundraising prowess. The VPA will oversee a comprehensive fundraising campaign envisioned to achieve at least $500M by 2030; and customize the role donor stewardship plays in the engagement lifecycle to include the impact of stakeholder research in our marketing, development, and events portfolios.
The VPA will collaborate and work closely with the CEO. From time to time, the VPA will represent the CEO in meetings with internal and external audiences and will take on important CEO-level projects. The individual will serve as a trusted advisor to the CEO, helping amplify efforts and function as a thought partner on diverse challenges. The VPA will be expected to immediately impact the V Foundation’s productivity by helping improve the usefulness of data, speed decision making, streamline strategic initiatives, clarify strategic goals, oversee project management and improve internal efficiencies and processes, and, when needed, communicate objectives between departments when those objectives do not have a clear functional home.
The VPA will have a proven track record of executive-level leadership building and facilitating data-driven business models. An ideal candidate will have a robust knowledge of donor relations, prospect management and research, information systems, donor research and records, and high impact stewardship, all connected to planning and executing substantial fundraising campaigns. Additionally, the VPA should have experience supporting the work of a CEO with examples that show a highly productive and symbiotic working relationship that mutually benefits the goals, style, and performance expectations of both people and roles.
The successful candidate will be goal-oriented, a data expert, creative, mission-driven, and a productive team player who can quickly assess opportunities and challenge. The VPA will be an executive that can build trust and accountability at all levels of the organization. This role provides an opportunity for a critical thinker with a “can do” attitude to influence outcomes vertically and horizontally across the V Foundation. Current direct reports include: Executive Director of Campaign Strategy & Director of Legacy Giving (new role to be filled), Assistant Director of Donor Relations, and Assistant Director of Prospect Development.
40% Lead organizational business intelligence/business analytics. Determine the needs of the organization to ensure we solidify strengths and address opportunities. Identify challenges with an eye towards integrating data to drive fundraising, elevate research and researchers, and increase operational excellence.
- Build systems that proactively report/visualize and synthesize data, including research/researcher database, donor CRM, and marketing systems. Integrate data sets to connect data points held in multiple systems. Determine and deploy use of APIs as necessary. Collaborate with senior staff to facilitate and understand business needs.
- Support leaders who want to spend more time interpreting and using data and less time collecting and sourcing data.
- Through the Assistant Director of Prospect Development, elevate the influence of prospect research as a core component of the development enterprise. This work will influence principal, major, and deferred gifts, market development, and direct marketing.
- In collaboration with the Chief Scientific Officer, enhance analytics and insights that drive marketing through connections to the Smart Simple and Dimensions platforms.
- In collaboration with the Chief Marketing Officer, ensure the suite of marketing and audience analytics is combined to be easily accessible and deployed within the team for efficiency and to optimize marketing performance.
- Customize data to influence market development to support the connection of major gifts to events, and vice versa. 30% Serve as the executive sponsor of the comprehensive campaign and donor relations by using strategy, data, and donor stewardship as tools to elevate the likelihood of success. While the CEO ultimately holds responsibility for campaign success, the VPA will oversee day-to-day operations. Categories that underpin success include market development, principal gifts, and planned gifts. Strategic deployment of principal gift stewardship and the stewardship of like-type donors (such as event donors) will be central to program development.
- Build plans for campaign assessment, launch, and maintenance. Collaborate with external campaign counsel to understand feasibility studies and deploy plans to support campaign goals and any necessary adjustments. Collaborate with the Chief Marketing Officer to support the work of campaign marketing and communications to ensure it is synchronized with campaign milestones.
- Through the Development Team and Executive Director of Campaign Strategy, deploy market-bymarket board engagement in their roles convening other supporters to build nucleus in markets. Through the Executive Director of Campaign Strategy/Director of Legacy Giving, deploy a deferred giving program focused on the best legacy giving prospects. Develop specific portfolio assignments and direct marketing initiative.
- Prepares data that helps visualize campaign performance through the lenes of market development (prospect development and events) and donor relations. Ensure digital and direct marketing analytics are efficiently packaged and deployed for analysis by marketing team.
- Through the Assistant Director of Donor Relations, build and support plans at the top of the donor pyramid with customized donor stewardship. Establish collaborative intersection of development and grantee engagement with the goal of better defining V Foundation impact over time.
- Through the Assistant Director of Donor Relations, focus on grouping like-typed donors at multiple levels (giving through events, giving to certain funds, giving through certain giving challenges, etc.) for mass stewardship. 30% Partner with the CEO to lead or support cross-functional and project-specific initiatives. Help drive efficiency and productivity at and with the Senior Leadership Team. Represent the CEO when appropriate.
- Partner with our CEO to drive efficiency and productivity, streamline initiatives, manage programs, and communicate cross-functional objectives. In collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, recommend best use of the CEO’s time.
- Build and maintain the annual organizational performance dashboard.
- Lead the annual business planning process.
- Support the Senior Leadership Team and Cabinet staff cadence (e.g., executive and functional leadership meetings, executive planning sessions, leadership offsites, agendas and meeting recaps, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 12+ years of direct involvement leading programs in information systems, data analytics, donor stewardship, and campaign research. Extensive experience as a member of an executive team.
- Proactive self-starter with strong planning, analytical and project management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. A strong “best practice in operations” mindset.
- Proven experience effectively interacting with senior management. An ability to organize strategies and resources that align with performance goals, and a proven ability to coach and mentor teams to achieve their individual and collective potential.
- Experience leading projects to completion that connect to and influence multiple departments.
- Experience leading the utilization of unique data systems (including CRMs) and proven experience building integrated data output. Ideal candidate will have an ability to connect data from multiple systems efficiently for their use and for the use of senior-level teammates.
- Experience leading the systems, processes, and data that drive fundraising, research, prospect tracking, and prospect portfolio reporting.
- Experience leading donor relations activities and teams that elevate the donor engagement experience. Experience leveraging CRM data and audience personas to influence fundraising objectives.
- A belief in the value of diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace, and action that demonstrates this commitment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- A base understanding for how research is conducted at cancer research institutions and at research universities/institutions across the United States. Experience with research-intensive opportunities.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Close working relationship with a CEO to include CEO-level project management. Experience partnering with a CEO to help execute campaign objectives.
- An understanding of governing boards and the role of boards to achieve strategic objectives.
- Experience balancing functionally diverse sets of responsibilities to achieve goals
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*