132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Part-Time Educational Programming Coordinator
Full Job Description
Position: Part-Time Educational Programming Coordinator (Contract Employee)
Location: Virtual (Remote)
Type: Support needed on an ad hoc basis depending on program scheduling
OVERVIEW OF NXU
nXu (short for nexus) is a non-profit initiative that provides research-based, transformative, purpose-driven learning experiences for youth and adults through a school-based curriculum, educator training and development, and direct student programming. Through our model, we cultivate spaces to elevate joy and center our collective stories. We dig deep to explore the unique set of joys, strengths, and values that intersect to drive each of us in a meaningful direction. In doing so, we learn to see our identities as powerful and essential for charting fulfilling future pathways.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
We're looking for a part-time Educational Programming Coordinator to provide ongoing operational support for our live programming. The Educational Programming Coordinator will provide essential operational support for participants, presenters, and partner organizations before, during, and after programming. This teammate will have a commitment to providing inclusive and people-centered customer service and a thorough attention to detail. Ideally, they have had experience coordinating events (virtual and/ or in person). This teammate will name problems when they see them and will work to identify solutions that meet the needs of nXu. Ideally, they will also be able to look ahead to future programming and identify and meet needs. This teammate would have ample scheduling flexibility and would be available to support engagements on an 'as needed' basis throughout the year, depending on program scheduling.
This is a fast-paced, virtual role ideal for someone who is technologically savvy, has strong attention to detail, and who is comfortable and capable of multitasking. This person will report to Cat Lum, nXu's Director of Programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Programming Operations & Logistics: Support youth, educator, and professional programming to ensure a smooth and effective experience for participants.
- Manage enrollment and application systems, survey responses, and internal programming materials.
- Run operations for sessions (breakout groups, participant management) using Zoom and Nearpod.
- Solve any logistical problems during the session, ensuring participants' needs are met and are being promptly and effectively addressed.
- Community Building: Develop, support, and maintain a cohesive, inclusive culture with participants during nXu's live programming.
- Ensure high school students and/or educators are welcomed and consistently supported throughout their programming experience, including all interactions before programming begins, throughout actual programming, and during follow-up.
- Additional Support: Support the nXu team in additional areas of the program operations process as needed.
The right candidate for this position must possess the following skills, traits, and experiences:
- A belief in nXu's mission and a passion for helping young people and professionals explore, articulate and pursue their purpose in life;
- Experience managing Zoom operations (breakout rooms, meeting registrations, etc.) for groups of 50 people or more;
- Experience working with youth in some capacity, particularly young people who identify as people of color;
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills, with the ability to connect with young people who identify as people of color;
- Experience using Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides;
- A strong attention to detail;
- The ability to manage multiple priorities at one time;
- The willingness to share feedback and reflections with peers and nXu leadership directly and in a way that can support shared resolution;
- The ability to receive and implement feedback and coaching;
- Comfort in working with a remote team;
- At least two years of college coursework; and
- Current authorization to work in the United States secured by the first day of employment.
nXu offers competitive compensation for this consulting role.
nXu provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Interested applicants should apply at the website below.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*