132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Executive Director of Aquatics & Cottonwood Creek Recreation Center
Executive Director of Aquatics & Cottonwood Creek Recreation Center
Full Job Description
The YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region is searching for an Executive Director of Aquatics. This position has a dual role focusing on oversight and leadership of the Association Aquatics team and operational leadership of the Cottonwood Creek Recreational Center. This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening the community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
This position will lead the association aquatics team to develop, organize and implement high-quality programs and ensure consistency, efficiency, and innovation is happening within the department. Oversight of department staff training to ensure it is following department and association expectations will be a key focus for success in this position. This position will direct operational programs in accordance with the purposes and policies of the Association and other regulatory agencies. This individual is responsible for program expansion, supervising staff and volunteers, day-to-day operations, and maintaining a positive working relationship with all branches of the organization.
Cottonwood Creek Recreation Center:
This position will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the center. The Director will develop, organize and implement high-quality YMCA and community programs to enhance the member and program participant YMCA experience.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF AQUATICS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in human services, social services, recreation, business, or equivalent.
- Three or more years of program management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other not-for-profit agency.
- Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing, and public relations, program development, and fund-raising.
- Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
- YMCA Team Leader or Multi-team/Branch Leader certification preferred.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF AQUATICS RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, supervises, schedules, and directs Association Aquatics Directors and front-line staff and volunteers as needed following HR policies and procedures.
- Reviews and evaluates staff performance.
- Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Develops, manages, and controls budget to ensure the program operates within budget and meets fiscal objectives.
- Works with the shared services department on processes and procedures to ensure program registration is streamlined and all registration fees are collected in a timely manner.
- Responsible for quality, growth, and evaluation of all programs
- Directs strategic planning efforts and develops the annual operating plan of the centers and designated program areas.
- Ensures the safety and maintenance of high-quality facilities, grounds, and equipment
- Serves as a member of YMCA management and supports the overall objectives of the YMCA
- Oversight of all aspects of Aquatics, both membership and program related.
- Expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Compiles program and facility usage statistics.
- Monitors and evaluates usage and participation in the program
- Maintain a safe and orderly environment in all areas of the facility by conducting facility patrols to identify maintenance concerns, facility cleanliness, safety, and security.
- Implements, in collaboration with other programs departments, Child Abuse Prevention and safety training consistently throughout all program areas.
- Identify strategic collaborative partnerships that congruently align with the YMCA's strategic priorities.
- Participates in a collaborative effort as a member of the Program Operations Team to determine goals, strategies, and program improvements for the association.
- Works with branch directors and executives to ensure Aquatics programs meet the needs of the branch and members, provides input and recommendations related to fixtures, furnishings, and supplies needed to ensure that facilities and programs are safe and age-appropriate.
- Assures compliance with state and local regulations. Ensures that program standards are met, and safety procedures are followed.
- Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints promptly.
- Supports as needed/appropriate in proper maintenance of pools. Ensures aquatics staff knows all expectations and are maintaining accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
- Develop systems/measurements that gauge program impact, satisfaction, quality trends, financial stability, and growth potential.
- Represents and promotes the YMCA in the local community and develops positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community agencies in the service delivery area.
- Works closely with the marketing department to ensure all marketing deadlines are met and initiatives are successful.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Assist with developing long-range plans for facilities and programs
- Facilitates relationships and schedules regular communication with YMCA branch leadership to discuss staff development, understand branch expectations, and communicate program needs for a successful program.
- Participates in assigned branch and association-wide events, meetings, and activities.
- Provides leadership and support to the annual fundraising campaign and volunteer committees/boards as assigned.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships within the community.
- Manages assigned aspects of association training.
FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
- Free Family Membership
- Program discounts:
- 50% off – Personal Training, Private Swim Lessons, Resident Camp
- 100% off – Before & After School Care; Day Camp; Swim Lessons; Sports, Enrichment, and Ignite/Small Group training
- Generous retirement benefits - 12% after eligibility is met
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Disability Benefits
- Life Insurance
CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION:
Support the YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members, or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
The YMCA has zero tolerance for abuse. We will report all suspected and/or allegations of abuse to the state and federal law.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
The YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region is a Drug and Alcohol-Free work environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower a qualified candidate with a disability to perform the job's essential functions.
This job announcement is not intended to be inclusive of all functions, responsibilities, and qualifications associated with the position, however, representative of the essential job functions and typical criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the position.
We are accepting applications for the Executive Director of Aquatics position through January 1, 2023. All applications will be reviewed on January 2, 2023 and applicants contacted.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*