132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 10 New Jobs Today.
LEGAL AID AND DEFENDER ASSOCIATION, INC
Position: President & CEO
The Chief Executive Officer is the key management leader of LAD. Chief Executive Officer is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors and plays an integral role in supporting the mission of LAD.
To provide holistic, innovative legal service that improves and empowers vulnerable and underserved individuals, families, and communities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Board Governance: Works with board to fulfill the organization mission
- Responsible for leading LAD in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions
- Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources enough to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of LAD, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support LAD’s mission
- Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation and strategic planning of LAD’s programming.
- Responsible for the enhancement of LAD’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations
- Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible effective administration of LAD operations
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization
- Responsible for providing appropriate initial and continued training, education, and development of employees
- Fundraising. Identify potential sources of investment and organize fundraising efforts.
- Responsible for soliciting major grants, gifts and donations
- Responsible for working with Board and staff to develop fundraising plans
- Responsible for preparing reports of fundraising goals and performance
- Responsible for ensuring that funding relationships and sources are sufficient to meet or exceed strategic goals and objectives.
Related Job Functions:
- Planning and operation of annual budget
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit
- Serving as LAD’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance LAD’s Mission
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the Foundation throughout the State
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts
- Review and approve contracts for services
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
Education and Experience:
- Admitted to practice law in the State of Michigan
- Five (5) general civil law practice or legal aid practice.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- nonprofit management experience
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of LAD’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers, and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
Legal Aid and Defender Association, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that encourages all interested persons to apply regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, age, religion, genetic information, physical or mental disability, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- How many years of fundraising experience do you have?
- How many years of experience do you have working with a non-profit organization?
- General Civil Law Practice: 5 years (Required)
- Juris Doctor (Required)
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities