132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Assistant Vice President, Individual Giving
Assistant Vice President, Individual Giving
Full Job Description
Location: Remote / Virtual / Work From Home**
** Candidates must reside in or be willing to relocate to one of the following states/city within 30 days: California, Georgia, Texas, Illinois, Washington D.C, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, & Ohio
Peer Health Exchange (PHE) is a national non-profit organization that creates education opportunities for peers to share the tools and resources young people need to make healthy decisions. Since 2003, we have trained more than 15,000 college students to deliver in-person health education to over 188,000 high school-aged young people in communities across the country. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we re-designed our in-person programming to be delivered virtually and partnered with high school students to understand their mental health needs. Following that collaboration, we launched our app selfsea.org for young people ages 13 – 18. In the past year, we’ve expanded from two in-person program models to five in-person and digital program offerings and we are continuing to grow! Our mission is critical, our team is diverse, and our work is vibrant. Check us out on TikTok (@peerhealthexchange)!
Learn more about our responsiveness and shift to digital in this article co-authored by our colleagues “Youths Know What They Need to Support Their Mental Health”!
About the role
As the AVP, Individual Giving you will provide strategic leadership and management of PHE’s Regional Directors in the engagement and growth of individual giving pipelines. You will report directly to the VP, Development.
About the Development Team
The development team raises PHE’s philanthropic support through individual engagement, events, and foundation and corporate grants, stewarding the PHE donor community to best sustain our mission.
Here’s what you should know:
This is a full-time, salaried position and can be based in any of our registered states.
Looking for more information about our awesome benefits, culture and more? Visit our Careers Page and check us out on Glassdoor!
Here’s what you will do as part of our team:
Train, Coach and Support Individual Giving Staff with Accountability for Individual Giving Goal
- Accountable for total pipeline of $2.5m+ by reviewing and monitoring fundraising performance against goals for Individual Giving by Regional Directors and leadership on an ongoing basis
- Build a culture of accountability and consistent performance on their fundraising goals, strategies, systems, and practices
- Create and train all direct reports to create and deliver on compelling, cohesive, community-oriented pitches
- Provide coaching and support needed to garner and leverage internal and external resources to secure support
- Guide and support Regional Directors and VP, Development on engagement with Advisory Boards; including materials, meetings, events, recruitment, and engagement
Strategy & Donor Relationship Management
- Directly responsible for a portfolio of major individual giving relationships
- Support and execute on moves management for individual donor prospects; including but not limited to tailored outreach to donors, and in relation to small events and fundraising galas
- Determine highest priority strategies and needs for Individual Giving at PHE, inclusive of fundraising event strategy
- Work closely with Development leadership to create materials, systems, and cross-team collaborations to equip Individual Giving team with most effective fundraising supports
Leadership and Management
- Manage and develop direct reports (Regional Director & Director, National Individuals) to a sustained high level of performance through coaching, mentorship, etc. to ensure that they are constantly acquiring new skills, as well as enhancing and growing their current skills
- Ensure that all direct reports are aligned and support PHE’s diversity, equity, and inclusion goals and priorities
- Foster collaborative relationships between your team and the rest of PHE and monitor Team health and culture
- Create and implement effective and relevant staff onboarding and training in conjunction with other departments
- Exemplify PHE’s core values and advance PHE’s vision for health equity in all aspects of our work, internally and externally
What you'll bring to the table:
- Demonstrate a strong passion for PHE’s mission to build healthier communities with young people; strong alignment with PHE’s core values of Health Equity, Commitment, Communication, Agency, and Impact
- Centers youth inclusion, community partnership, and equity work visibly, broadly, in action in part through deep listening and hearing with a lens of inclusion.
- 8+ years of relevant, related experience directly responsible for raising funds, serving as an Executive Director, Director of Individual Giving, Major Gift Officer, Director of Advancement, and/or Development Director or similar role with pipeline accountability in Individual Fundraising in a similar organization
- 5+ years of experience in progressive management (including the ability to inspire, motivate, influence, and hold staff accountable to significant standards)
- Willingness and ability to serve as a brand ambassador for the organization, while developing other brand ambassadors
- Leadership strengths in situational management, collaboration, and power-sharing
- Demonstrated ability to lead and empower people and get results individually and collaboratively through coaching and professional development
- Proven ability to deliver and thrive in a fast-paced, learning organization
At Peer Health Exchange, we celebrate difference and are committed to providing equitable opportunities, addressing the effects of power and privilege. PHE is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, physical disability, veteran status or length of time spent unemployed. We want to empower people to change lives!
Note: Peer Health Exchange reserves the right to add additional duties, as needed. All Peer Health Exchange employees are encouraged to be flexible and responsive to changes in scope of duties.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities