132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Permanent Housing Coordinator
Permanent Housing Coordinator
Full Job Description
Permanent Housing Program Coordinator
The position of Permanent Housing Program Coordinator reports directly to the Clinical Director of U.S.VETS and is responsible for the coordination and supervision of project-based and scattered-site permanent housing programs. The main function of these programs is to assist homeless, disabled veterans and their families to obtain and maintain long-term housing.
The position is in Kapolei but the home assignment
- Assists with the development of a therapeutic milieu in accordance with U.S.VETS’ mission and philosophy
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community partners
- Establishes scattered-site housing units in the community
- Manages and assists with operations and property management of project-based permanent housing programs
- Assists with the development of client care guidelines for veterans and their families in permanent housing settings and ensures that legal requirements are met
- Assists with new client intakes, evaluations, and placements of veterans and their families who are in need of services
- Collaborate with Clinical Director to supervise Case Management, Outreach, and support staff providing permanent housing services to veterans and their families
- Performs outreach to veterans with disabilities and their families and provides case management as needed
- Performs crisis intervention, staffings, and home visits to address client needs and issues
- Supervises data entry and updating of the Homeless Management Information Systems and responsible for accuracy of data
- Responsible for data entry and management of program databases to compile demographics, track services, and generate reports
- Responsible for fiscal management of supportive services and leasing funds and assists with budget tracking
- Responsible for handling petty cash, compiling required documentation, and submitting timely expense reports
- Develops and updates client forms and lease agreements as necessary
- Conducts internal audits of client charts and data to ensure compliance with regulations
- Supervises development of Individual Action Plans (IAP) in collaboration with case managers
- Maintains overall organizational integrity within the program and compliance with all federal and other regulations
- Available for on-call emergencies
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in social services or other related field required.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in related field. Two years of employment at U.S.VETS may substitute for supervisory experience.
- Experience working with homeless and/or veteran population preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of clients, staff, and community members.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Leadership and conflict management skills.
- Demonstration of personal and financial integrity in the workplace.
- Ability to take direction, work independently with minimal oversight, and to work within a team.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office and Internet.
- Driver license with no violations on driving record for past 3 years and own transportation required. Company vehicle will be available for any transporting of clients.
United States Veterans Initiative is a non-profit organization whose mission is the successful transition of military veterans and their families through the provision of housing, counseling, career development and comprehensive support.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $54,545.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities