132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Full Job Description
Lenox Hill Neighborhood House, widely recognized as one of New York’s premier human services providers, is a settlement house founded in 1894 that provides an extensive array of effective and integrated services—social, educational, legal, health, housing, mental health, nutritional and fitness—which significantly improve the lives of nearly 16,000 people in need each year, ages 3 to 103, on the East Side of Manhattan. Our clients include older adults, homeless and formerly homeless adults, children and families, recent immigrants, disabled persons, adult learners and more. For more information on Lenox Hill Neighborhood House, please visit lenoxhill.org and check us out on Facebook or Instagram.
Reporting directly to the Director of Advancement and working in collaboration with the Director of Philanthropy and Healthy Food Initiatives and the Development and Communications Associate, the Development Manager will be a critical part of the Development team and will collaborate with others in the Neighborhood House to support and enhance the overall development efforts and strategies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain Raiser’s Edge fundraising database by entering and updating gifts, donors, prospects, actions
- Draft and send personalized acknowledgement letters and other outreach materials
- Identify and research prospective individual and institutional (both foundation and corporate) donors
- Develop and send letters of inquiry and grant proposals
- Craft and assist with sending regular personalized updates to new and existing individual and institutional supporters
- Generate reports to aid in identifying and executing successful fundraising strategies
- Provide key administrative and logistical support and leadership for fundraising events
- Assist with planned giving initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum two to three years of relevant professional experience, preferably in-person experience with a nonprofit organization
- CRM/database proficiency required; working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Excellent written communication skills
- Skilled at Microsoft Office Suite (strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint required)
- Motivated self-starter, strong attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills, high tolerance for multitasking
- Passionate commitment to social justice and to our mission
Lenox Hill Neighborhood House is a client-facing and essential community-serving organization. To keep our clients and our colleagues safe, and to comply with various governmental contractual requirements, all new employees must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (except where valid medical exemptions apply) and will be required to submit proof prior to the time of onboarding.
At Lenox Hill Neighborhood House we value respect, diversity and integrity. We are an equal opportunity employer. Lenox Hill Neighborhood House prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Lenox Hill Neighborhood House conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. The policy of equal employment opportunity (EEO) and anti-discrimination applies to all aspects of the relationship between Lenox Hill Neighborhood House and its colleagues.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities