132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Fund Development Manager - Nonprofit
Fund Development Manager - Nonprofit
Full Job Description
Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? Where your contribution has a positive impact on children in Nepal and Colorado? Then you're in the right spot. Your soul has been calling for you to step up into your passions & purpose and partner with companies to leave a legacy for generations to come.
We're seeking to bring on a Fund Development Manager (Coordinator) for Global Orphan Prevention and our teen mental wellness brand, Compass Rose International. Note this position will advance to a fulltime "Fund Development Director" as funds are raised.
- Global Orphan Prevention works to stop orphanage trafficking and child sex trafficking through education, leadership, and economic development.
- Compass Rose International is our curriculum that inspires young women to connect to their most significant potential, dreams, & passions. Our programming gives them a means of calibrating back to their True North and showing up unapologetically as purpose-driven leaders.
This position is responsible for working with the Executive Director and Board of Directors for planning and coordinating all aspects of fund development and public relations. You will lead all fundraising initiatives, including special events, major gifts, planned giving, sponsorships, donor cultivation, and grant writing. Identify, organize and manage the fundraising activities of the affiliate with a focus on new opportunities to obtain ongoing and increased support from corporations, public and private organizations, communities, and individuals.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive written annual resource development plan with strategies for donors and prospects in each constituent group including: individuals, organizations, corporations, etc. to be approved by the board.
- Establish a realistic budget for events and account for anticipated fundraising outcomes
- Provide monthly reports to the ED and the board which measure progress towards achieving the plan.
- Broaden fundraising by developing approaches such as planned giving, solicitation of bequests, and endowment programs.
Grant Requests and Administration
- Assist Executive Director with researching and writing grants
- Provide timely reporting and ensure compliance as required by grant award documentation.
- Administer draw requests for any funding source which operates through a “draw down” or reimbursement process.
- Create and implement strategies for donor development and cultivation which will provide a diverse and sustainable funding base
- Create corporate sponsorship proposals, selling sponsorship opportunities to local businesses, planning and executing sponsorship activation components, facilitating internal and external communications and effectively tracking and measuring programs.
- Keep up-to-date on current fundraising programs, practices and procedures used in the nonprofit sector and inform the affiliate leadership
- Create and implement major gifts program, planned giving program, and volunteer giving program.
- Identify and pursue new sources of corporate and foundation funding.
- Build and maintain relationships with major donors of all types, develop strategies for solicitation, and solicit or coordinate the solicitation by other affiliate staff, board or volunteers, as appropriate.
- Create and update collateral materials to support gift cultivation.
- Develop and implement all aspects of direct donor mailings, appeal letters, and other donor mailings as needed.
- Ensure that the donor database information is current and accurate.
- Acknowledgement of all gifts and donations.
- Manage or oversee all events
- Promote events to the business community as a way and provide support to those groups that want to host an event.
- Work with appropriate staff and volunteers to ensure that all aspects of a successful event are coordinated towards a common goal.
- Develop and solicit sponsors for houses and events as needed.
Public Relations and Marketing
- Write press releases and media alerts.
- Develop and maintain media contacts with area media outlets.
- Oversee and direct all media relations, social media communication, media production and general branding of the affiliate and all its programs.
- Create marketing materials for the affiliate.
- Build and sustain working relationships and communication with community associations; advocates and coalitions; business leaders; lenders; grant funders; school administrators, schools, universities and youth groups; and other institutions.
- B.A./B.S. preferred with an emphasis or concentration in business, marketing, public relations or related field
- Two – five years professional development and fund raising experience
- Proactive & self-motivated w/ incredible integrity
- Consistently works to accomplish goals
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently & independently without much oversight
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office and G Suite (specifically spreadsheet software).
- Willingness to learn Monday.com, Salesforce, and HubSpot.
- Passion for serving youth and making a difference
- Experience and contacts in Denver Front Range
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well with people from all backgrounds with varying degrees of experience.
- Ability to inspire, train, motivate, challenge, and supervise volunteers.
- Confident public speaking and able to express ideas verbally and in writing.
- You resonate with our Core Values (see below)
Our Company Core Values:
- Communication: We listen wholeheartedly, respond thoughtfully, and seek to understand.
- Heartquarters: Instead of operating from our headquarters, we operate from our heartquarters. This central operations storehouse begins with love: with every decision & every action, love is at the foundation. From there, all desired manifestations can exist.
- Transparency: What you see is what you get. We take ownership of our experiences and are open and honest with what is.
- Vulnerability: We investigate and accept imperfection.
- Team Work: We work together like a family unit, building trust, intra-dependecy, & collaboration; we each espouse contributional aspects that allow our unique gifts and passions to shine.
- Accountability: We accept responsibility for our actions (and inactions)
Our Personal Core Values:
- Strong Mind, Body, Emotion (spirit) Connection: Developing emotional & intelligence, along with our minds and bodies ensures we feel balanced. It alerts us when we’re off our Compass Rose, when out of alignment. Emotion is the energy that’s moving through the nervous system and the mind is the seat that’s creating meaning out of it.
- Education: We understand that education is the foundation of realizing our true potential. We seek fresh, new ways to educate. We are life-long learners.
- Growth: We are constantly evolving and resilient in the face of life’s challenges, seeing them as opportunities for growth
- Alignment: When what we think, we feel, we say, and we do, is aligned. It’s a wonderful experience and we create this alignment by design .
- Imagination: You cannot ever become something that you cannot see. And imagination is required in order for any changes to be possible in a person’s life
- Compassion: We don’t know what difficulties and internal struggles people are going through so being empathetic and compassionate in the way that we treat them, the way that we speak to them; and seeking to understand, not be understood, is the outcome of compassion .
- Self-Love & Self-Care: Recognition to take care of ourselves in such a way that our life is overflowing with energy, love, and support. To accept and care for ourselves, in such a way that you know when you have something to give and you know when you need to take time to be alone.
Seeking 20 per week, contracted position. After 6 months, you will become a full-time employee with benefits
TO APPLY: Send your resume and letter of intent
LEARN MORE: https://www.globalorphanprevention.org // https://compassroseinternational.org
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $16.52 - $30.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Self-determined schedule
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
We are a pro-choice company.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Denver, CO 80205: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Fundraising: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- fund development: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Denver, CO 80205
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities