132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Director of Advancement
Director of Advancement
Full Job Description
“Motivated by the love of Christ, Catholic Charities of Southern Missouriseeks to improve the lives of the vulnerable by providing quality, compassionate social services which meet local needs. We serve all people regardless of faith.” CCSOMO Mission Statement
Covering beautiful southern Missouri from the Ozarks to the Mississippi delta, Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri (CCSOMO) serves the thirty-nine counties in southern Missouri that are part of the Springfield-Cape Girardeau Diocese. The area served encompasses over 25,000 square miles and many of the poorest counties in the state of Missouri. When CCSOMO was established in 2009, there were two employees and one office in Springfield. Today, there are approximately 110 employees with revenues of over $13 million and 9 offices spread across Southern Missouri. Most importantly, the organization serves over 7,000 clients annually.
The services of Catholic Charities are available to all residents of the service area who qualify for the particular program. The great majority are not Catholic. The priority is to serve the poorest and most vulnerable.
Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri, a growing, faith-based, nonprofit social services agency, seeks a Director of Advancement to successfully create, execute, and manage a comprehensive fund development strategy for the agency. This position is responsible for the strategic process and team of professionals that advance mission-appropriate stakeholder relations and an agency-wide culture of philanthropy through the integration of fundraising, marketing and communications, volunteerism, and parish relations.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED) of Catholic Charities, the Director of Advancement will work independently as an executive fundraising officer and collaboratively with the Catholic Charities Executive Director and the leadership staff. This leadership-level position will oversee a team of professional staff.
- Commitment to Mission, Vision, and Values of CCSOMO
- Commitment to follow Catholic social teaching in all aspects of the duties of this position.
- As a key member of the leadership team, collaborate closely with Executive Director and other members of the leadership team to support positive agency culture and promote long-term agency success
- Create and oversee implementation of Advancement Department goals/objectives, set annual Advancement departmental goals and quantifiable measurements of success that are in line with accreditation standards.
- Design and implement an overall development strategy and plan to meet revenue goals and objectives
- Oversee the successful planning, execution and follow-up to agency fundraising and cultivation events
- Build a robust donor base by cultivating and maintaining key long-term relationships with donors and prospects including corporate donors through sponsorships, major gifts, planned giving, and direct mail
- Solicit major and leadership gifts from existing donors, prospects, corporations, and foundations through personal visits and correspondence
- Oversee donor database management (Raiser’s Edge), maintain accurate donor records, and produce timely reports as requested by Executive Director
- Oversee gift processing and donor acknowledgment, and establish guidelines for high levels of donor appreciation including the creation of donor circles
- Provide supervision and direction to Director of Communications and Marketing, Director of Development, Parish Social Ministry and Events Manager and Volunteer Services Manager in the performance of their work responsibilities
- In conjunction with Director of Communications, work to create and deliver a consistent fundraising message to Catholic Charities’ constituents and the wider community
- Understand agency financial picture and adjusts the Advancement Department strategies to meet the financial needs.
- Perform special assignments and projects as needed and assigned by the Executive Director
Skills and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited college/university; advanced degree preferred. CFRE certification preferred. Five or more years of senior-level development and marketing experience with a record of success in setting and achieving long-term goals and strategies, including proven and verifiable financial results.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $90,000 - $100,000 depending on qualifications and experience. Benefits include a full range of health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and prescription), pension plan, retirement contributions, disability insurance, life insurance, vacations, and other benefits.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
CCSOMO is committed to diversity. Employment offers are made on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Submit a cover letter and resume to John Gravley, The Moran Company. Resume should be chronological and include all professional education and experience, dates of employment (month and year), position/title and organization names.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*