132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Administrative Community Organizer
Administrative Community Organizer
Full Job Description
Planned Parenthood of Maryland (PPM) is a not-for-profit family planning agency that provides high-quality, affordable reproductive health care for women, men, and teens. Our mission is to enable all Marylanders to have access to a wide range of high-quality, affordable reproductive health care services. We help individuals make informed decisions about their reproductive health, family planning options, and sexuality.
Why Join us? As an Assistant Community Organizer with PPM, you will be a part of supporting a passionate team that plays a vital role in the lives of others! And joining PPM, means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, doctors, clinic managers, administrators and business staff – if you want to grow you Career as an Assistant Community Organizing part of a passionate and diverse group of people - we are looking for you!
The Assistant Community Organizer works under the direction of the Community Organizer and across program jurisdiction with a primary focus on Baltimore City to build, implement, and execute direct community and field organizing programs to achieve the goals of Planned Parenthood's direct voter contact advocacy and organizing initiatives including, but not limited to: door-to-door canvassing, text banking, phone banking, relational organizing programs, outreach events, activist nights, community education presentations, volunteer training, grassroots lobbying, and legislative education effort, and special.
Overview of what you as an Assistant Community Organizer will do - Cross Functional Collaboration
- Align field organizing goals and PPM goals to turf goals & objectives
- Serve as a liaison between department and other PPM departments as it relates to the purview of this position
- Collaborates with Program Organizers to execute goals
- Provides support for staff related to the implementation of programs under the purview of this position.
- SupportsPublic Affairs team to further cross-functional objectives
- Maintains currency in current news.
- Reviews progress of assignments with PPM senior management
- Assist with activities of supporters, members, and volunteers, volunteer engagement groups, and activities that support awareness and advocacy campaigns, including, but not limited to, Volunteer Leadership Councils, Student Advocacy Groups, PPM Members, and more.
- Actively participates in tabling, volunteer recruitment, and other visibility opportunities and works with supervisor to prioritize those opportunities.
- Maintains existing relationships and creates new alliances with state and local coalitions and allied organizations to strengthen visibility, credibility, and mobilization efforts.
- Works collaboratively across teams.
- Mobilize supporters to advocate for the passing of pro-sexual and reproductive health policies.
- Responsible for supporting ground campaign activities in targeted regions – including large-scale paid and volunteer door-to-door canvassing programs and phone banking, inputting data in the Voter Activation Network (VAN) database and cutting turf,
- Maintains and applies effective grassroots campaign tactics and methodologies. Assists in the implementation and execution of grassroots issue education campaigns that engage and mobilize priority communities for a large geographic region.
- This position will manage the administrative functions of the Public Affairs Department, including but not limited to: scheduling meetings and convenings, creating and maintaining calendar of speaking engagements and public events, completing compliance reports for supervisors’ approval, ordering various outreach materials in coordination with Public Affairs Specialist
- Basic Project Management and Event Planning
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications, including Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and others
- Data gathering and basic data analytics techniques
- Basic meeting facilitation and process management
- Working concepts, practices and procedures used in campaigning and organizing.
- Commitment to advancing race (+) equity in one's work: interested in expanding knowledge about the role that racial inequity plays in our society.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate across differences, as well as hear and act on feedback related to identity and equity with an openness to learn.
- Commitment to Planned Parenthood's In This Together service ethos, workplace values, and service standards.
Education and Experience:
- 1-2 years’ of relevant experience in Community or Field Organizing, Political Science, Social Justice and/or Community Engagement work, or related fields
- OR Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training
Health Benefits and more!
- Health care insurance through CareFirst with the choice of an HMO/ Open Access and Healthy Blue Advantage. Eligibility is the first of the month, following your day of employment.
- Flexible Spending Account: Health Care and Dependent Care. Eligibility is the first of the month, following your day of employment.
- Guardian Dental and EyeMed Vision Insurances. Eligibility is the first of the month, following your first date of employment.
- Life, AD&D Insurance: One time your basic annual earnings to a maximum of $100,000.00. This benefit is paid for by the Company.
- Short-Term Disability: 60% of your weekly earnings up to a maximum benefit of $1,000.00 per week. Benefits begin on the 8th day and are payable for 25 weeks. This benefit is paid for by the Company.
- Long-Term Disability: 60% of your monthly base wages for prolonged illness or injury. With a maximum monthly benefit of $10,000.00. This benefit is paid for by the Company.
- PTO Accrued 1st year: 18 Days
- Employee Assistance Program. This benefit is paid for by the Company.
- Tax-Free Transportation Plan
- Other Supplemental Insurance Programs you can purchase.
- 12 paid Holidays (Eligibility is the first of the month, following your first day employment).
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Eligibility to participate is the First of the Month following your first day of Employment. After one year PPM will match 100% of employee contributions up to the first 3% and 50% of the next 2%. Fidelity Investment is our 401k provide and they will mail an enrollment packet to your home address.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Planned Parenthood of Maryland is an Equal Opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin (ancestry), disability, genetic information, pregnancy, military status, or any other protected characteristics outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation, and training.
Applicants must pass Criminal Background Screening and the Right to Work in the United States.
PPM Requires COVID-19 Vaccination as part of Employment.
Planned Parenthood of Maryland participates with E-Verify validate authorization to work legally in the United States.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*