132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Director of Employment Services
The Director of Employment Services is responsible for the growth, development and day-to-day functioning of Employment Services Departments; the supervision of the staff within those departments; and acting as a liaison with other programs and supporting departments as well as outside organizations and stakeholders representing The Arc NCR’s Employment programs.
In a manner consistent with supporting The Arc NCR Mission Statement the Director, Employment Services shall do the following:
- Oversees operations within the Vocational program and ensures compliance with local, state and federal regulations, and accrediting bodies.
- Provides emergency response capability to meet programmatic needs.
- Develops department structures and procedures in accordance with agency strategic plan
- Assists with the development and implementation of new programs; identifies grants and other funding sources; participates in fund-raising and grant writing activities as needed.
- Knows and understands the career and education related concerns of the people supported by: knowing the person(s) vocational and educational interests and supporting activities that produce the desired vocational and educational outcomes.
- Manages effective and efficient Vocational Services by: ensuring completion of person centered plans (PCP) and plan reviews in a timely, appropriate and effective manner, and ensuring the achievement of PCP outcomes and services with effectiveness and efficiency of agency and community resources
- Provide, implement, and maintain a system for continuous quality improvement
- Attend and participate in external community meetings and activities to keep informed of current trends and developments in the field and provide feedback.
- Completes, maintains, and submits required reports, outcomes, and other documentation in a timely manner.
- Maintains a strong working relationship with external stakeholders, especially external employers.
- Continually maintains an Employment First philosophy.
- Works effectively and cooperatively with the Finance Department to ensure agency policies and procedures are followed and budgetary goals are met related to the financial responsibilities of the employment services
- Assists in the development of program budget; regularly monitors annual program budget to ensure program costs do not exceed budgetary constraints.
- Keep programs within budgeted expenditures and develop programming and structure that ensures budgeted revenues are obtained.
Other duties may be assigned
Essential Skills and Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following skills and core competencies:
Core Leadership Competencies:
- Staff supervision, training, and development
- Staff recruitment, selection, and hiring
- Leadership, professionalism, and self-development
- Service Management and quality assurance
- Promoting professional relations and teamwork
- Advocacy and public relations
- Cultural awareness and responsiveness
Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- Five (5) years of experience working with people with differing abilities required
- Five (5) years of experience in a senior leadership role required; in the Vocational Services field preferred.
- Budget, compliance and policy writing experience required
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) required
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Overnight shift
- Weekend availability
- Weekends only
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Aberdeen, MD 21001: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- How many years of working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities experience do you have?
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Senior leadership: 5 years (Required)
- Budget, compliance and policy writing: 3 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities