132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Assistant Director, Jewish Genetics
At JUF, you can be part of one of the largest non-profit social welfare institutions in Illinois. We provide food, refuge, healthcare, education, emergency assistance, and essential services to 500,000 Chicagoans of all faiths and millions of Jews around the world. We take pride in our mission and in having a work culture that fosters a sense of belonging and feels rewarding, supportive, and inclusive.
What you’ll be responsible for:
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and overseeing Jewish Genetic-related programming, conducting community outreach, developing partner relationships, and assisting with strategic / operations planning and grant management. The purpose of this role is to contribute to the ongoing operation of the Norton & Elaine Sarnoff Center for Jewish Genetics
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and oversee programming (program design and evaluation, original content development, and education delivery).
- Manage planning and day-to-day operations of community outreach and communications efforts, including event planning, with all the Center’s target audiences.
- Oversee and evaluate external communication efforts.
- Build and maintain relationships with external / internal partners; liaise with our Associate Board to promote new lay leadership.
- Support overall operations including budget management, grants management, and planning and execution of programs.
- Use independent judgment and supervise summer interns along with a full-time Associate who oversees day-to-day operations of the Center’s screening program and assists with other staff portfolios.
What you need to succeed:
- Relevant work and education in one or more related fields (e.g., health services, health communications, public health, or Jewish communal service).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
- Available occasional nights and weekends for events or other initiatives.
- Master’s degree in relevant field.
- Experience with surveys, social media, and graphic design.
What you’ll love about us:
- Time off: Up to 22 days paid time off, up to 10 sick days, 8 paid federal holidays, up to 13 paid Jewish holidays, and 6 weeks paid parental leave.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision insurance. 401(k) with base contribution and match. Additional health and wellness benefits, financial benefits, professional training, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
- Hybrid Model: We have a flexible schedule with core hours and the ability to work from home a few days per week (for most positions).
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities