132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Fee For Service /Per Diem Therapist - Staten Island
Fee For Service /Per Diem Therapist - Staten Island
Full Job Description
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is a nonprofit child welfare, health and social services agency in NYC that serves children with complex medical and behavioral health conditions and their families through a range of clinical programs, social services and onsite medical and mental health clinics.
The Children and Family Treatment Support Services (CFTSS) are part of a new state initiative to meet the behavioral and emotional health challenges of children and youth covered by Medicaid and their families. CFTSS are an array of clinical and rehabilitative services provided in the home and other community settings and are intended to identify behavioral health needs early and intervene to keep children on their developmental trajectory and avoid the need for higher end services and institutional placement. CFTSS can be delivered individually or in a coordinated comprehensive manner according to a treatment plan.
- TITLE: Fee For Service /Per Diem Therapist- STATEN ISLAND
- DEPARTMENT: Children and Family Treatment Support Services Program
- SUPERVISOR: CFTSS Supervisor
RESPONSIBILITY: Provide clinical and rehabilitative services in the home and other community-based settings in accordance with an individualized treatment plan, based on a child and family’s specific needs. Clinical services include comprehensive evaluation assessments; development of treatment plans; individual, family and group psychotherapy and crisis intervention. Deliver rehabilitative interventions using a variety of counseling modalities and approaches to promote functional improvement in daily living, interpersonal relationships and community integration, and avoid and manage crises. Provide rehabilitative psychoeducation, service planning and supports to minimize negative behavioral health symptoms and emotional disturbances to further community integration. Work under the direction of the CFTSS Supervisor with clinical supervision provided.
- Conduct comprehensive evaluation assessments to establish a diagnosis, where needed, and identify service needs.
- Develop detailed treatment plans that specify amount, duration and scope of services, developed in collaboration with the child and family. Perform ongoing review of progress towards goal and update according to required timeframes.
- Provide individual, family and group psychotherapy.
- Provide crisis intervention services that are immediate and designed to diffuse or resolve the precipitating stress --in-person or by telephone and with follow-up.
- Provide intensive individual, family, relationship based and supportive counseling focused on problematic behavior to promote socialization.
- Provide crisis avoidance and management counseling to prevent or reduce an active crisis and promote stability after the episode.
· Provide rehabilitative psychoeducation, strengths based service planning and supports to minimize negative behavioral health symptoms/emotional disturbances to further community participation.
- Availability to provide services at least one weekend day and after-school/evenings (services may be provided during weekday daytime hours in addition) and to maintain a consistent schedule in agreement with family and approved by supervisor.
· Complete required documentation for Medicaid billing within prescribed timeframes.
· Complete required and recommended trainings.
- Communicate regularly with NAC staff and respond to email and phone calls within 24 hours.
- Participate in supervision as scheduled.
· Must have an LCSW, LMSW, LMFT or LMHC and be knowledgeable about trauma-informed care.
· At least one year of applicable experience in children’s mental health or related area, working with children and families.
· Must follow safety precautions needed to protect child population.
- Must be willing to work in clients’ homes and communities.
- Must have quick and easy access to a computer and printer, and be adept at using the computer for internet, word processing and email correspondence.
- Knowledge of and adherence to cultural competency guidelines.
How to Apply:
Please indicate Fee For Service /Per Diem Therapist -_ State Island_in the subject line when applying. Please submit cover letter and resume to: To theCFTSS_jobs@nackidscan. org .
For information on New Alternatives for Children, Inc., visit our website at www.nackidscan.org
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. was founded on the principle of inclusion. We strive to create and maintain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace at all levels. It is not enough to serve; we must strive to dismantle oppressive policies and practices.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $55.00 per hour
- Will you be willing to work in clients’ homes and communities ?
- children’s mental health or related area: 1 year (Preferred)
- LCSW, LMSW, LMFT or LMHC (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities