132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 10 New Jobs Today.
HR Business Partner
American Museum Of Natural History
HR Business Partner
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) provides HR guidance; coaching, and support to assigned client divisions and departments; acting as the single point of contact for all people-related issues. The HRBP will consult and advise on HR matters and proactively work with designated areas to deliver HR programs.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing an exceptional level of HR client service. The HRBP will assist with providing consistent and compliant HR processes to support the employee experience and serve as a resource to employees throughout their tenure at the Museum.
Core responsibilities for HR client service include, but are not limited to:
- Recruitment, Onboarding, and Offboarding - partner with the talent acquisition team on hiring strategies and processes, provide managers with resources for onboarding new hires, and conducting stay and exit discussions.
- Employee Relations - assess and resolve employee relations matters, and support/guide supervisors and managers in taking an appropriate course of action; work with clients to actively identify employee relations trends, craft solutions that will assist with designing strategies to improve employee relations and engagement.
- Performance Management - provide coaching and guidance to supervisors as they provide ongoing feedback to employees, manage the performance management process across client group(s), liaise with supervisors and employees throughout the performance management cycle.
- HR Service - serve as the key point of contact for supervisors and employees in your client areas to field questions, provide guidance and escalate issues to the appropriate functional areas within Human Resources.
- Policy and Process - provides guidance on HR processes, interprets HR policy and provides training, as needed.
- Training - work with HR team and client areas to identify and deliver training.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE HRBP should demonstrate:
- Strong working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines, including but not limited to employee relations, diversity, equity and inclusion, compensation, benefits, training, organizational design, recruiting and performance management
- The ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization, and the capability to positively influence change
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency, capability to balance multiple priorities and complex projects
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Collaboration skills with proven success in building and maintaining effective working partnerships
- Attention to detail, ability to maintain confidentiality, meet deadlines, effectively prioritize, self-manage, and tolerate ambiguity
The expected salary range for the HR Business Partner is $80,000 - 95,000/annual. The AMNH offers an extensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of our dedicated and diverse community.
Pay will be determined based on several factors. The hiring range for the position at commencement is based on the type of work and the scope of responsibilities. The salary and placement offered is based on a number of individualized factors, including, but not limited to, skills, knowledge, training, education, credentials, areas of specialization and depth and scope of experience.
- Minimum five years of related HR experience, with at least three years of employee relations experience required OR a combination of education and relevant experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP preferred
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: careers.amnh.org
The American Museum of Natural History is one of the world's preeminent scientific and cultural institutions. Since its founding in 1869, the Museum has advanced its global mission to discover, interpret and disseminate information about human cultures, the natural world and the universe through a wide-ranging program of scientific research, education and exhibition. The Museum is renowned for its exhibitions and scientific collections, which serve as a field guide to the entire planet and present a panorama of the world's cultures.
The American Museum of Natural History is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Museum does not discriminate with respect to employment, or admission or access to Museum facilities, programs or activities on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, current or former participation in the uniformed services, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin, or on account of any other basis prohibited by applicable City, State, or Federal law.
If special accommodations are needed in applying for a position, please call the Office of Human Resources.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities