132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 10 New Jobs Today.
Full Job Description
Homes for Life Foundation was formed as a housing corporation in 1986 and as a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization in 1987 by professionals from the fields of business and mental health who were also relatives and friends of people with mental disabilities. This dedicated group of volunteers helped to identify the lack of permanent, affordable, service-enriched housing as being the main obstacle to sane, stabilized lives for mentally disabled adults.
The ideal candidate will have broad HR knowledge and experience with general administrative responsibilities. Must be able to work autonomously and efficiently to ensure the end-to-end running of HR projects and administrative operations. Qualified candidates will have a knowledgeable HR background with a proven track record of progressive responsibility. Must have the ability to contribute to the attainment of specific goals and results of the HR department and the organization.
Shift: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm (available for overtime upon request).
The Administrative Assistant will be working from their corporate office by LAX airport on Sepulveda Blvd.
What You Will Do:
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries and requests in a timely manner; provide a wide range of assistance to employees at all levels; appropriately redirect HR related calls or distribute correspondence as needed
- Assist and support HR Specialist with day-to-day tasks within department
- Ability to develop and maintain a filing system
- Maintain confidential personnel records and other data (payroll, personal information, medical records, etc.) in both paper and electronic files, ensuring all compliance requirements are met and followed
- Process payroll for 60+/- employees: collect and review time sheets for accuracy, input and submit hours to PEO
- Liaise with other departments, employees, all levels of management, board of directors, etc.
- Support the recruitment/hiring process: source candidates, assist in shortlisting, accurately communicate job details to applicants, coordinate and participate in interviews, prepare and issue offers and new hire paperwork
- Prepare and lead orientations
- Write and/or update job descriptions; complete various forms and other paperwork
- Assist supervisors in performance management procedures, including performance evaluations and corrective action memos; assist with terminations upon request
- Track, coordinate, and schedule meetings, trainings, and provide other support to the HR team and other departments
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity
- Assist in ad-hoc HR projects and support other functions as needed
What You Will You Bring:
- BS/BA in Human Resources, Business Administration or relevant field desirable; candidates with equivalent experience will also be considered; Human Resource certifications also a plus, but not required
- Mission-driven with non-profit HR experience in a similar industry (mental health, social services, supportive housing) highly desirable
- Friendly, calm, professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with HR, upper management, and program staff
- Ability to contribute to planning and strategy discussions with HR and others
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to function efficiently, make sound decisions, and adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Proactive, takes initiative, and shows enthusiasm for learning new tasks and lending a hand wherever needed; shows utmost respect, support, and guidance to all employees and external partners
- Proven experience as an HR Coordinator or relevant human resources/administrative position
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with creating HR databases using Access or similar
- Ability to work with ATS software
- In-depth understanding of sourcing tools, like resume databases and online communities
- Familiarity with social media recruiting
- Outstanding communication, written and verbal; excellent writing and grammar skills a MUST
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality; HIPAA compliant
- Good organizational and time management skills; extensive experience creating/maintaining efficient filing and data storage systems (paper and electronic)
- Ability to sit at a desk, utilizing computer/phone for long periods of time
- Reliable transportation with ability to travel to various work sites, meetings, trainings, etc. as needed
Conditional job offers are contingent on the following clearances prior to hire and maintenance throughout employment (not all-inclusive):
- Live Scan Fingerprinting (DOJ/FBI clearances)
- Health Screening / Negative TB test results
- Evidence of safe driving record, adequate vehicle insurance, and CA driver's license
Today's HR is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $28.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Los Angeles, CA 90045: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you familiar with processing payroll manually?
- Human resources: 2 years (Required)
- Administrative: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities