132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Associate Director of Development, College of Business
Associate Director of Development, College of Business
Full Job Description
The University of Montana Foundation has an outstanding opportunity for an Associate Director of Development at the College of Business – the top business school in the Big Sky Conference.
The Associate Director of Development will execute on fundraising strategies under the direction of the College of Business Dean and College of Business Director of Development, build donor relationships and engage and solicit donors on behalf of the College of Business.
- Opportunity to work remote up to two days per week
- Professional development opportunities, including a year-long training with Plus Delta Partners
- UM Foundation contributes an amount equal to 11% of an employee’s annual compensation into their 403(b) retirement account; no employee contribution is required to receive this benefit
- Generous time off – Team members accrue four weeks of vacation and 12 days of sick leave per year, with an additional 12 days of holiday leave
- Paid parental leave of four weeks for new parents
- Short-term and long-term disability pay protection benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, wellness program and more
- Competitive Pay – candidates can request the starting pay range by contacting HR
- In coordination with the Director of Development of the College of Business and Dean of the College of Business, develop an understanding of and an ability to articulate the College of Business’ mission, vision and values
- Build relationships with prospective and current donors at the major gift level ($25,000-$999,000), with frequent travel
- Develop, implement, and document identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for donors
- Present gift proposals that reflect the College of Business’ values and fundraising priorities
- Under the strategic direction of the College of Business Director of Development and Dean of the College of Business, establish a strategy to substantially grow contributions at the major giving level through all channels to the College to increase the number and amount of gifts the College receives annually
- Work in collaboration with UM Foundation teams including Development, Prospect Research and Management, Marketing and Communications and Gift and Fund Administration
The UM Foundation and College of Business seek a candidate who excels in relationship building, possesses a high level of self-motivation, and is team oriented.
Other requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Three to five years of development related experience, with a working knowledge of the principles and practices of major gift fundraising, preferably in higher education
- Experience working in higher education, nonprofit, or a comparably complex organization
- Strong track record of soliciting and closing philanthropic gifts
If you do not meet all the qualifications of the positions, you are still encouraged to apply.
About the College of Business
The University of Montana College of Business is the oldest AACSB-accredited business college in the state. Known as a top provider of business education in the region, the College of Business has been named the top business school in the Big Sky Conference for six consecutive years.
The College of Business offers six unique undergraduate majors, eight certificates, one minor and three graduate programs, including Accounting, Entertainment Management, Big Data Analytics, Sustainable Business Strategy, and more. The college focuses on applied, experiential education by having students participate in hands-on business projects. Over 80% of students complete at least one internship prior to graduating and become confident technologists, and over 82% of students are employed or in graduate school within three months of graduation.
The College of Business is especially adept at helping students with professional networking. The college is nestled in the heart of the Rocky Mountains in a spectacular natural environment, attracting the interest of international and national business experts. Over 100 business professionals come to the Gallagher Business building each year to shar their knowledge through formal lectures and to talk with and recruit students.
About the University of Montana Foundation
The UM Foundation connects donors’ passions with needs and opportunities at the University of Montana. Serving the University as an independent nonprofit, the UM Foundation manages the University’s private fundraising efforts, donations and investment of endowed gifts.
The UM Foundation is celebrating the recent completion of the most successful higher education fundraising campaign in state history, inspiring donors to give over $450 million to elevate every student, school and college at the University of Montana. The UM Foundation is now intentionally growing its development team to prepare for the next campaign.
The UM Foundation is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the people and culture of the University it serves. UM Foundation employees enjoy a collaborative culture and inspiring mission to support the University and its students.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities