132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Full Job Description
Greater Tacoma Community Foundation (GTCF)
950 Pacific Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98402
I. What does GTCF do?
Greater Tacoma Community Foundation (GTCF) connects people, knowledge, and funding to build a racially equitable, accessible, inclusive Pierce County, now and for generations to come.
As a nationally accredited community foundation, GTCF is a community catalyst, connector, and knowledge facilitator, aligning funding and action through strategic philanthropic investments as well as stewarding more than 450 individual, family, and agency funds.
II. How does this position support GTCF?
The Executive Administrator is an integral part of the Executive Leadership Team.
Reporting directly to the President & CEO, this position provides high-level administrative support for the entire Leadership Team.
Executive functions, key relationships, and top priority strategies are more effective thanks to the careful attention and organization of this position. The Executive Administrator’s core responsibilities support the Leadership Team in strengthening a trust-based and inclusive culture.
III. What will the person holding this position do?
The Executive Administrator will be responsible for supporting Leadership Team relationship building, schedule optimization, file management, and meeting preparation.
Executive Administrator Functions
- Directly manage and organize the President & CEO’s calendar. This includes fielding and responding to meeting requests, initiating meeting requests as assigned, evaluating priorities, and resolving conflicts.
- Support meeting scheduling for other members of the Leadership Team: Chief Financial
Officer, Chief Impact Officer, Chief Philanthropy Officer, and Chief Strategy &Communications Officer.
- Track Leadership Team meeting agendas, keep team meeting minutes, and track action items.
- Keep CEO and Leadership Team well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, including potential conflicts and issues that may impact effective action.
- Managing the rhythm of the governance process of the Board of Directors, through scheduling support, meeting preparation, and maintenance of an online board management platform.
- Manage contracts and fulfillment with outside vendors, organizations, and/or consultants as needed.
- Maintain President & CEO’s current department organizational charts, personal and business contacts.
- Coordinate Leadership Team travel and complete expense reports.
- Establish relationships and coordinate communications with key external partners and their administrative assistants.
- Manage Leadership Team and core organization digital filing systems, document version control, and file organization.
IV. What will support the success of the person holding this position?
The Executive Administrator will be the first connection for many people working with
GTCF. A person who thrives on cooperation, helping others, and consistency within an inclusive environment will likely find success in this role.
- 6-8 years of experience in an Executive-level Administration role
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of additional experience and training
- Self-motivated attention to detail, organization, and process
- Project management skills at a level to independently prioritize tasks, consult with other staff members, and maintain deadlines through changing circumstances
- Listening skills to understand and clarify the needs of community partners, Board and committee members, and team members
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business communications that focus on philanthropic, financial, and community action themes.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, donors, clients, customers and community members with diplomacy, discretion, and a customer-service orientation
- Ability to communicate through writing and talking with an approachable manner that fosters positive, lasting relationships with internal and external partners.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of collaborative teams across departments
- Ability to strategize for the future while organizing information and performing tasks in the present.
- Ability to keep people and relationships at the center of the work with cultural competency that enables effective working relationships in cross-cultural situations
- Ability to exercise utmost discretion and judgement when working with confidential information and documents
- Technically proficient in a hybrid working environment including Zoom, Teams, the
Office Suite, with an enthusiasm for learning new programs and platforms
V. What will the compensation for this position look like?
GTCF offers its staff sustainable compensation packages that are competitive with similar philanthropic sector positions requiring comparative talent, experience, and skills so that GTCF retains a thriving, productive staff capable of advancing our strategic framework.
SALARY RANGE: $70,000 - $90,000
Other benefits include a 36-hour work week, 3 weeks’ vacation in the first year, 6 fixed holidays including the full week of Thanksgiving, 2 floating holidays, 2 personal days, 8 sick leave, health, vision, and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance,
401(K) retirement plan, life insurance, free parking, free gym access and a monthly home technology stipend.
This is a hybrid work environment, with collaborative meetings in person as well as home office structure.
GTCF is an equal opportunity employer. As such, GTCF is committed to treating all employees and applicants equally without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran or marital status, disability, and all other bases protected by state and federal law.
GTCF values diversity within its staff and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship.
Resumes will be accepted until end of day March 7, 2023.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Tacoma, WA 98402: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Tacoma, WA 98402
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities