132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Assistant Director of Philanthropy
Assistant Director of Philanthropy
Full Job Description
Assistant Director of Philanthropy (Planned Giving Focus)
Tabor Hills Senior Living Campus, a not-for-profit community located in Naperville, IL, has been dedicated to caring for our senior population for over 125 years. Tabor Hills Senior Living offers an Independent Living Community, Supportive Living Community, Senior Day Services and a Healthcare Facility (skilled nursing care, post-acute medical and rehabilitation, respiratory therapy.)
The organization is looking for a leader and driven individual who is creative, visionary, persuasive, persistent, and enthusiastic; an individual who wants to assist in building the organization’s new philanthropic arm to expand and support the residence and mission of Tabor Hills. This position will be someone who can imagine, design, create, develop, plan, and execute several new initiatives and campaigns creating a culture of philanthropy, and a consistent and sustainable support stream to the organization. This position will play a major role in planning, creating, directing all major gift programs, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns.
- Assist in the development of a long-term culture of philanthropy at all levels of the organization.
- Build and develop a planned giving program focusing on bequests, charitable trusts, estate planning and other deferred gifts.
- Build and develop a major gift program; identifying current, past and present residents, begin cultivation strategies, continual communication and solicitation of regular and major donors and gifts.
- Assist in the creation, planning and execution of special fundraising events.
- Oversees a new annual appeal letter, donor acknowledgment reports, and annual report for development and distribution.
- Prepare reports and dashboard for campaigns as well as reports to the Board and leadership on status, results, and moves management.
- Oversee and expand an employee giving campaign.
- Brainstorm and plan new initiatives to raise funds for the organization.
- Lead several projects and multiyear fundraising initiatives.
- Work with the Director of Finance, CEO, and Board on the development of capital campaigns.
- Develop and maintain relationships with major donors, vendors, residents, and board members.
- Identify, research and cultivate gifts from multiple sources.
- Design and conceptualize marketing and outreach pieces, with the business development team, on pieces to engage new residents but also new external support streams.
- Follow best practices and measuring effectiveness of outreach.
- Help implement a donor ERP system and build best practices around reporting and moves management notes.
- Work with team on grant proposals.
- Ensure department is current on regulations, laws and best practices around estate giving and planned giving.
- Minimum five years’ experience in professional fundraising.
- Previous exposure to gift planning or estate planning
- “Self-starter” and goal driven to build donor excitement and fundraising efforts.
- Organized around multitask strategy, deadlines and multiple project leadership.
- Positive and confident in objection handling, respectful to all people but has ability to overcome objections.
- Excellent writing, analytical and communication skills
- Strong communication skills, positive attitude, yearning to build relationships.
- Dedicated to the mission of the organization, the residents’ past, present and future.
- Maintain professional and ethical standards including confidentiality of all donor records.
- Problem-solving, research and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite such as Word, Excel and Access.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, handicap, veteran status or any other legally protected category.
Employment at Tabor Hills is "at will" as defined under applicable law. The employer or employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without cause and for any lawful reason.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and civil rights laws, it is the policy of Tabor Hills to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process.
One of the components of the pre employment medical exam at Tabor Hills is a urine screen for drugs. Failure to consent to the urine drug screen will be considered cause for withdrawal of the employment offer.
Tabor Hills requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to the Tabor Hills Human Resource Department.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities