132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Director of Medical Affairs
Director of Medical Affairs
Full Job Description
The National Psoriasis Foundation (NPF) is a dynamic and growing non-profit organization dedicated to research, advocacy, and patient and medical education. We work together toward a cure for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis and to increase the lifespan and improve the health of individuals living with psoriatic disease. The NPF is seeking an experienced individual as our Director of Medical Affairs
In partnership with the Chief Scientific and Medical Officer (CSMO), the Director of Medical Affairs will oversee the day-to-day operations of the NPF medical affairs programs, which includes stewardship of continuing medical education (CME) programs, ensuring compliance with all accreditation and regulatory requirements, and providing management and leadership in relationships with key stakeholders and partner organizations. In addition, the Director will also work collaboratively across departments to drive the strategy for outreach and engagement of medical professionals through NPF’s professional membership program and volunteer leadership roles within the organization. The Director will develop relationships with other health care stakeholders including collaborators and specialty societies, identify partnership opportunities, and direct NPF participation in medical affairs events and medical education conferences.
- Maintain the vision and guiding principles of NPF while planning and executing mission related medical affairs projects across the country.
- Manage, coach, and support medical affairs volunteer and staff team members.
- Direct NPF’s medical education programs to ensure they meet mission goals.
- Ensure that CME programs are in compliance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and American Medical Association (AMA) guidelines and policies, oversee annual ACCME reporting, and lead ACCME re-accreditation process.
- Building on NPF’s strategic plan, develop a strategy to support and grow NPF medical education programming across all stages of career and for allied health care professionals. This includes strategies to expand NPF’s impact in the dermatology, rheumatology and chronic disease spaces.
- Drive NPF membership and constituent involvement, including outreach strategies for patient and professional engagement via scientific educational programming.
- In partnership with the CSMO, oversee the development of departmental budgets and lead the development of processes and procedures related to honoraria, donations, etc.
- In partnership with the development team, regularly monitor program goals and outcome requirements for funders to assure ongoing support for CME and other medical education programs.
- Within the department, oversee the execution of Letters of Agreement with partner organizations and seek to develop new partnerships.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Preference given to candidates with master’s degree, Certified Healthcare CPD Professional credentials, or those with demonstrated knowledge of adult learning principles.
- 5-7 years of successful relevant experience.
- Knowledge of program management, ACCME accreditation criteria and standards, and AMA PRA requirements.
- Experience managing medical education programs
- Excellent strategic and visionary leadership.
- Experience supervising and managing staff remotely across multiple states.
- Experience recruiting and activating leadership volunteers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to travel frequently.
- Voluntary health, non-profit, medical specialty society, or patient advocacy organization experience required.
Competitive salary with excellent benefits. The ideal candidate would be located in the Alexandria, VA area for a hybrid position, but remote candidates will be considered.
Please forward a cover letter with salary requirements and your resume to: Human Resources, National Psoriasis Foundation, Link: https://www.psoriasis.org/about-us/jobs.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Alexandria, VA 22314
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities