132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Full Job Description
A Precious Child, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization providing children in need with opportunities and resources to empower them to achieve their full potential. A Precious Child envisions a future where every child grows up to be a secure, self-reliant, contributing member of their community.
A Precious Child’s events make up a significant portion of our fundraising budget, so this position requires a knowledgeable, eager and energetic Events Coordinator to add to our amazing team and so that we can continue to grow our signature events, as well as our VIP and third party events. In working towards helping A Precious Child meet its overall objective of providing necessities for children in need, the Events Coordinator will support the Events Manager to execute several annual signature events, ranging from a 150 person golf tournament to a gala with 800+ attendees, as well as lead the planning and execution of third party events. The ideal candidate must thrive in a challenging and fast-paced office atmosphere where prioritizing and multi-tasking are the norm.
This position works from the A Precious Child office in Broomfield, CO, as much of the preparations for the events require in-person tasks and collaboration with the team.
Hours: Full-Time, Exempt, Must be willing and able to work weekends and evenings as needed
Reports To: Development Director
- Support the Events Manager, providing day-to-day event planning assistance, preparation and project management for multiple annual signature events, including a bowling tournament, luncheon, golf tournament and gala, in addition to supporting third party, VIP events and Women’s Guild Precious Tea, with the goal of maximizing the attendee experience while staying within budget
- Event data and report management - manage guest lists, pull call lists, fundraising reports, tickets sales, auction lists, meal preferences, shirt sizes, etc.
- Manage event platforms, including registration and auction sites
- Assist potential donors/guests with troubleshooting as it pertains to them securing tickets and adding names of guests into the event website portal.
- Responsible for project managing events in Monday.com, ensuring tasks related to event logistics, marketing, etc. stay on track
- Manage the solicitation, procurement, pickup/delivery and tracking of silent and live auction items throughout the year, as well as manage silent auction basket assembly and auction site build and management
- Support pre and day of logistics such as nametags, registration, seating charts, etc.
- Solicit in-kind donations/sponsorships for events
- Support event execution, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, event set-up and tear-down, communicating with staff, and organizing vendors
- Support with all event décor including procurement, crafting, and event day set up and clean up.
- Ensure Event space at A Precious Child facility is clean, organized and all items including donations, décor and props are properly stored and inventoried.
- Support the management of interns in the Events Department
- Support the development and adoption of best practices, training and high standards of excellence across all events
- Assist with developing volunteer roles and responsibilities as well as volunteer count specific to each event
- Represent the organization at third-party events (including fundraising booths)
- Assist in researching profitable third party fundraising opportunities (examples: restaurant give back nights, corporate and community events)
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years of experience planning and managing events
- 1-2 years of experience as a successful fundraising professional; knowledge of fundraising strategies, trends and best practices
- Experience managing most aspects of events, from theme development, vendor management, registration, guest communication, budgets, marketing, menu development, A/V, event setup and teardown
- Achieves consistent quality and excellence of programs by managing event budgets and logistics which culminate in events that meet organizational goals
- Passionate about creating memorable experiences and opportunities for connection through events
- Dynamic, flexible, and highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects – strong project management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Well-honed time management skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Self-starter mentality and the ability to work effectively both independently and on a team
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Dependable with Customer Service Experience
- Innovative and resourceful; actively seeks opportunities to take a leadership role in the execution of improving the event planning process and attendee experience
- Tech-savvy - strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office, CRM, databases, event registration systems, project management tools, Zoom, Slack, etc.
- Monday.com, OneCause, Raiser’s Edge platform experience preferred
- Possess excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills - the ability to work effectively with donors, corporate leaders, volunteers, and staff
- Passionate about making a difference in the community
- Occasional lifting and moving materials as it relates to event preparation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience planning and executing virtual and/or hybrid events
- Experience soliciting and obtaining silent auction items and other in-kind donations
- Experience working with volunteers and event committees
Compensation: Salary is $45,000-$50,000/year depending on experience and qualifications. A generous benefits package includes paid time off, paid holidays, health, dental, and vision insurances, and matching contribution to a 401(k) retirement plan after meeting eligibility requirements.
To Apply: Please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
For more information about A Precious Child visit APreciousChild.org where you can internally apply and upload your cover letter and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity: A Precious Child is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The organization will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment of any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to, veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected group status as defined by law. A Precious Child will also not discriminate against employees or applicants based on sexual orientation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Broomfield, CO 80020: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Events management: 2 years (Required)
- Customer service: 4 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities