132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Full Job Description
Come join our awesome team as an Admissions Coordinator at Rochester Rehab & Living Center!
Rochester Rehab & Living Center is part of Volunteers of America National Services which serves as the Housing and Healthcare affiliate of the Volunteers of America parent organization.
Admissions Coordinator Job Highlights:
- Top benefit packages
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Flexible schedules
- Pay in lieu of benefits options
- Career scholarships
- Quality training, continuing career education and leadership programs
- Employee discount program
About the job:
To serve as the primary facility representative facilitating the admissions process and procedure for residents and their families, facility staff and with referral sources so as to provide for ease and efficiency in the transfer of the residents to the facility. In addition, this individual will serve as primary liaison between the facility and the community at large. Will be responsible for coordinating admission inquires from referral sources and the public. Serving as the initial facility representative in inquiring parties for admission. Maintains relationships with residents and responsible parties and referral sources. Partners with the facility staff to ensure all objectives are met.
Required Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related degree or possess a current license as an LPN/RN.
- Licensed where applicable by the State. State requirements may dictate supervision and degree type.
- Minimum one year of Social Work/LPN/RN experience, preferably in a long-term healthcare setting.
- Has knowledge of long-term health care and public health settings.
- Familiar with Federal and State regulations and requirements for long-term care.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours, such as during evenings and weekends.
- Requires computer entry skills to match existing clinical management software at facility.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
1. Coordinates Resident Admissions:
- Takes pre-admission calls
- Manages a waiting list as necessary.
- Establishes relationships with referral customers, calls them daily for referrals and prospective residents for care and treatment.
- Offers tours to prospective customers and admissions.
- Conducts pre-admission screening using specific forms, per phone and/or in hospital or at referring long-term care facility, as needed.
- Meets with all new residents. Identifies and provides for the medically-related social, psychological and spiritual needs of the residents.
- Coordinates with Business Office to ensure resident has viable payer sources.
2. Screens resident’s healthcare benefits and obtains pre-authorization:
- Helps residents understand their healthcare coverage and assist in completing coverage forms as necessary.
- Completes admission documents with resident and/or family.
- Maintains admission and tour packets.
- Coordinates admissions with hospital social worker, doctor offices, and family members of residents.
- Verify designated doctor and pharmacy for new residents.
- Enter demographic information for each resident into the CRM/PCC.
- Requests doctor’s orders, discharge summaries and all medical documentation from verified source.
- Completes PASARR authorization & documentation per policy.
- Coordinates nursing screen for prospective admissions and makes admissions decisions based on care needs, cost, etc. in accordance with Director of Nursing.
3. Manages room occupancy and waiting list at the facility:
- Coordinates with other departments.
- Maintains lists of occupied and unoccupied rooms.
- Plans strategies to fill these rooms.
4. Develops and promotes the department through marketing efforts throughout the professional and social community where facility is located:
- Visits referral agencies and local hospitals to share information on facility.
- Provides community resource information to residents and families relating to alternative healthcare services or facilities, clinics, etc.
- Seeks out referral sources for the facility, visits these agencies and provides information on the facility.
- Promotes the facility within the community by assisting in the design of brochures, handbooks, and other marketing materials.
5. Completes assessments of residents as necessary for Care Planning, MDS, CAAs, as directed.
6. Participates in Interdisciplinary Care Conferences and rounds as directed.
7. Serve on committees, as assigned.
8. Advises and recommends solutions to the department director of major problems or concerns that residents or their family members are experiencing.
9. Maintains admission/discharge/referral/inquiry statistics/CRM.
10. Attends required in-services & completes assigned online modules.
11. Performs other duties or special assignments as directed by the Executive Director.
About Rochester Rehab & Living Center:
Rochester Rehab & Living Center offers life in one of the most commonly rated "Best Cities'' in the Midwest. Our center offers the very best care, provided by the very best staff who care for the residents as well as the familial workplace culture. We want our staff to love their work while maintaining a work-life balance, so offering employees paid-time off benefits is a part of our comprehensive benefits package. Join our diverse, involved, and compassionate team and see how we earned our Great Place to Work certification for 4 years running.
Our 2022 Great Place to Work survey results found that 87% of employees said their work has a special meaning: this is not “just a job”.
Take pride in helping others, and join us today!
Volunteers of America National Services requires COVID vaccination for all employees, volunteers and contractors. We care for individuals who are most susceptible to advanced COVID illness and death. We are committed to providing the safest environment possible for those we work alongside, and for those we serve. We have a formal process for, and do consider religious and/or medical requests for exceptions.
At VOANS, we celebrate sharing, encouraging and embracing diversity. Equal employment opportunities are available to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that blending individual strengths and unique personal differences nurtures and supports our organizations’ shared commitment to our mission and creates an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to do their personal best.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities