132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 10 New Jobs Today.
Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO)
Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO)
Full Job Description
Reports to: Project Manager and/or Corporate Safety Manager
Position: Full time
Schedule: 6 days per week, 12 hours per day
Bauer Foundation Corp. (BFC) is a Florida corporation and the U.S. subsidiary of the world-wide operating Bauer Group based in Schrobenhausen, Germany. The Bauer Group is a world- renowned foundation contractor, designer, and builder of the world's finest foundation equipment.
BFC, as part of the Bauer construction division, is a leader in the execution of complex excavation pits, ground improvement, deep foundations, and vertical seals, utilizing the most up to date equipment and installation techniques. Bauer Foundation Corp. provides all types of foundation solutions and services for industrial, commercial, residential, and governmental construction projects. Bauer Foundation Corp. promotes Bauer services and technology throughout the entire United States.
BFC is looking for a dependable, organized and detail oriented, Site Safety and Health Officer to join the safety team on a federal construction project near Fairbanks, Alaska.
The Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO) ensures the maximum safety performance and awareness of everyone associated with the project by overseeing the administration of all safety and health policies and procedures.
Responsibilities of this Position:
- Provide general safety oversight and performance of both administrative and field safety management responsibilities.
- Partner with the Project Team to develop and utilize the Activity Hazard Analysis process to identify potential hazards and develop work plans that utilize means and methods that eliminate or reduce these hazards.
- Conduct daily safety and health inspections and maintain a written log which includes area/operation inspected, date of inspection, identified hazards, recommended corrective actions, estimated and actual dates of corrections.
- Work with Superintendents to develop JSA's and Daily on the Spot Lift plans.
- Ensure compliance with the Accident Prevention Plan, Federal, State, and Local, safety and health regulations, and all aspects of Bauer's Safety and Health Programs.
- Maintain a safety and health deficiency tracking system that monitors outstanding deficiencies until resolution.
- Monitor project activities and maintain a pro-active approach towards scheduled construction activities.
- Develop and conduct site specific orientation and compliance training for all onsite staff and subcontractors.
- Perform project site safety trend analysis together with Project Manager (PM) and Supervisor(s).
- Ensure sub-contractor compliance and maintain applicable regulatory safety reference material on site.
- Ensure all personnel on a project have the appropriate safety and health training and equipment required by the task, regulatory agency, or client.
- Attend task specific preparatory meeting and lead the monthly supervisor safety meeting.
- Conducts near miss and accident investigations and recommends corrective actions.
- Planning and organizing skills including the ability to manage multiple work streams.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present, discuss, and explain issues coherently and logically both in writing and verbally.
- Clear decision-making ability with the facility to judge complex situations and assess when to escalate issues.
- Computer literate in Microsoft office suite, including MS Project and PowerPoint.
Education and Experience:
- Five (5) or more years of continuous construction industry safety experience in supervising/managing general construction safety programs or processes, conducting hazard analyses, and developing controls.
- 30-hour OSHA Outreach training and able to provide a copy of the instructor-signed card of continuing safety.
- Documented history of continuing education activities per USACE EM 385-1-1 Section 1 . Eight hour per year for the past five years.
- Currently certified as a First Aid/CPR Provider.
- Knowledge or certification of USACE Safety & Health Requirements EM 385-1-1 preferred.
- Proven injury management experience.
Compensation and benefits:
Competitive salary; commensurate with experience.
Benefits offered: health insurance, life insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, parental leave, tuition assistance, paid holidays and vacation.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor an employment Visa at this time.
BAUER Foundation Corp. is a DFWP and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities