132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Director of Development
Director of Development
Full Job Description
Director of Development
Reports To: The Board of Directors
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, implementing, and directing all aspects of fundraising activities for Lake Norman Humane. This includes, but is not limited to,
Corporate/Foundation Gifts, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Special Events, Grants, and Direct
Mail. Strong focus will be placed on the annual fundraising and generating gifts from individuals/corporations, new prospects, and expanding fundraising efforts within the service territory as well as maximizing existing campaigns and events. The Director of Development is responsible for creating and implementing Lake Norman Humane fundraising creating best practices and driving all development and public relations efforts of the organization including major gifts, special events, donor cultivation and solicitation, foundation and corporate relations and planned giving.
Minimum of 3-5 years of successful fundraising experience, including planning and campaigns involving multiple fundraising platforms and strategies; working directly with high-level volunteers; and direct solicitation of potential major donors/corporations.
- Demonstrate successful experience in working with and involving board members and other volunteers in fundraising and development efforts. Proven ability to initiate action and motivate others.
- Detail and results oriented.
- Excellent writing skills, including grant proposal development and business correspondence.
- Excellent communication skills to strongly present the case for Lake Norman Humane.
- Team player and willingness to help others achieve success in fundraising campaigns.
- Computer literacy including word processing, database, online and social media platforms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with leadership and Board of Directors to develop and implements fundraising and program strategy to support mission and goals of Lake Norman Humane.
- Establishes, forecasts, and evaluates fundraising potential, researches and identifies sources of funds to support Lake Norman Humane
- Develops budget, action plans, methods, materials, procedures, and reports for each event and campaign to enhance effectiveness and maximize revenue. Works with Lake Norman Humane staff to coordinate and run successful events and campaigns.
- Develop fundraising strategy for direct mail appeals, seasonal campaigns, and special events; tracks, monitors, and evaluates results of mailings; identifies and implements new approaches to direct mail campaigns and online campaigns.
- Establishes and implements guidelines for donor stewardship and recognition; creates recognition letters and develops means of stewardship for donors that effectively and enthusiastically convey the organization’s appreciation.
- Cultivates relationships with donors, foundations, corporate and government relationships.
- Identifies grant requirements and timeframes; prepares and submits grant proposals which are clear, complete, specific and reflect the energy, urgency, priorities, and mission of Lake Norman
Humane in order to maximize income goals; collaborates with finance and program staff to ensure appropriate grant reporting, documentation, and required follow up.
- Develops and manages the donor database, with the support of the Board of Directors, to ensure the integrity of donor information, timely processing of gifts, and accuracy of information.
- Develops a Planned Giving program by working with financial institutions and community groups to provide information to individuals concerning the benefits and process for establishing a planned gift (i.e., wills, trust and bequests).
- Provides leadership and support to Lake Norman Humane capital campaigns as needed; Assist with Capital Campaign fundraising efforts, including the solicitation and cultivation of major donors, in-kind support, and grant opportunities; collaborate with Campaign committee, Board of Directors, and other community stakeholders to ensure Campaign goals are met.
- Serves as a key spokesperson; builds and maintains appropriate external relationships and coalitions. Stays abreast of relevant development opportunities with various community groups and agencies.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of Lake Norman Humane fundraising and development programs.
Develops and implements innovative strategies for continually improving our impact, effectiveness, and quality of fundraising activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience/education/training/certifications preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of fundraising experience in nonprofit organizations; proven track record in developing and executing fundraising activities; experience with capital campaigns preferred; direct mail management experience; good organizational ability; highly developed written and verbal skills; experience in Microsoft Office suite preferred. Valid Driver’s License and own transportation for work-related responsibilities
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills. Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines. Results-orientated and a passion for creativity.
Flexibility to attend evening and/or weekend meetings and/or events. Knowledge of online giving platforms a plus.
- Passion for animals is essential. Believes in the Goals and Mission of Lake Norman Humane.
Work is value, goal and deadline oriented; extensive external contact; some travel, driving, walking, standing, bending, lifting and carrying items weighing in excess of 50 pounds; computer work; extended hours at nights or on weekends. Animal Shelter and office environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mooresville, NC 28117: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Fundraising (Required)
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities