132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Full Job Description
At Make-A-Wish® America, we are more than a great place to work — our work is life-changing. Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Nearly 40 years ago the inspiration for Make-A-Wish began with one little boy's wish to be a police officer. Today, together with our volunteers, donors, staff and supporters, Make-A-Wish has granted more than 500,000 life-changing wishes and transformed countless lives.
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the office of the President. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and associated committees (board executive committee, governance, culture, compensation, and nominating (GCCN) committee) and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts.
WHERE YOU COME IN
As the Executive Assistant you will:
- Prepare internal and external communications, memos, and meeting minutes.
- Put together meeting materials, presentations, and reports.
- Prepare reports, analyze data and information, and summarize for President/CEO.
- Maintain files and records related to department activity, committees, and staff, which may be of highly sensitive and confidential nature.
- Ensure that the minutes of the meetings of the National Board, are accurately recorded, appropriately distributed, and approved and records kept on file.
- Issue notices of meetings and deadlines as specified in established policies and procedures, and/or as requested by the President/CEO, Board/committee/Council chairs.
- Authenticate and maintain the integrity of the corporate records and serves as the custodian of the Seal of the Foundation.
- Keep a register of the name and address of each chapter and of each chapter’s board of directors, officers, and designated Leadership Council Delegates.
- Handle written notice of chapter appeals, requests for special meetings, resolutions proposing amendments, candidate referrals for national leadership positions, and resignations from the National Board.
- Ensure that meeting agendas and support materials are prepared and provided to the National Board and/or to assigned committees in a timely manner.
- Prepare annual committee workbooks for distribution to committee members prior to their first meeting at the beginning of each committee year (Oct. /Nov).
- Orient new members of the National Board, new National Board Chair, national-level committee chairs, new chapter Executive Directors and key national office staff on governance-related procedures and functions.
- Work closely with Corporate Counsel to ensure that standard non-profit legal requirements and the Foundation’s specific bylaw requirements are met relative to the corporate records.
- Work with meeting planner to set-up meetings of the National Board, Leadership Council, and/or national committee meetings.
- Book all travel arrangements ensuring all required travel documents are in order.
- Prepare accurate and timely expense reports.
- Perform other job-related duties, as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field required.
- 8+ years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably for a CEO.
- Experience in CRM databases preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation with annual incentive potential
- Comprehensive benefit package: Medical, Vision*, Dental*, Wellness
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account Options
- Health Reimbursement Account fully funded by Make-A-Wish
- Short Term Disability*, Long Term Disability* and Life Insurance
- Additional Insurance Plans: Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Pet Insurance through Figo
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with 5% match after one year of service
- Up to 15 PTO days
- 10 Sick Days
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 2 Volunteer Days after one year of service
- 2 Personal Days accrued annually
- Maternity Leave
- Employee Awards and Recognition Programs
- Individual and Leadership Development
- Discounts and special offers for theme parks, events, hotels, concerts, and movie tickets
- Monthly premiums paid for the employee for vision, dental, and short/long term disability.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Vision
Make-A-Wish is committed to championing diversity, equity and inclusion, fostering an organization that is accessible and welcoming. In turn, we are uniting communities to help make more wishes possible.
- Our mission is most effectively fulfilled through a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as core values and practice.
- It is only through our mosaic of different cultures, perspectives and experiences that we can grant life-changing wishes to every eligible child.
- As the world’s largest wish-granting organization we stand against racism and intolerance and are committed to representation and acceptance, creating a sense of belonging, and practicing fairness in creating opportunities for our wish families, volunteers and staff.
We respect and ensure equal opportunity, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, perceived disability and other legally protected characteristics. Make-A-Wish America utilizes E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
- Health insurance
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities