132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Development & Communications Associate
Development & Communications Associate
Full Job Description
HouseUS is fiscally sponsored and housed at the Amalgamated Charitable Foundation.
This full-time opportunity is a HouseUS position.
HouseUS is recruiting for a Development and Communications Associate to join its team.
The HouseUS Development and Communications Associate will play a pivotal role in the growth of HouseUS and our work to support tenant organizing at the local, state, and federal levels. Reporting to the Co-Directors, this position will help support the development capacity of HouseUS as we increase our network of funder relationships, and serve as a resource in our communications with HouseUS partners and allies.
This opportunity is a remote position and requires a highly organized and self-disciplined individual who is able to effectively work with agility and focus within a startup environment.
HouseUS is a pooled fund that supports housing justice and tenant organizing at the local, state, and federal levels. We operate as a grantmaker, providing resources to tenant-led organizations in multiple states, as well as being a funder of and partner to housing justice campaigns operating at the federal level.
As an organization founded in 2021, HouseUS is very much in a growth stage, developing new strategies, and working to meet emerging needs, on a regular basis. In less than two years, HouseUS developed into one of the most significant actors and funders in the housing justice landscape, working with a wide range of partners, philanthropic leaders, and organizers to create a dynamic model for funding and movement infrastructure.
As HouseUS grows, our organization will prioritize creating a virtual workplace where all staff are able to bring their full selves to the work and see themselves as part of a creative and committed team.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Managing timelines and deliverables for existing grants to HouseUS.
- Generating proposal narratives and budgets for HouseUS grant proposals.
- Working with co-directors and grants management partners to track grantmaking timelines, moving grants to partners, and communicating with grantees about required paperwork and timelines.
- Drafting regular updates to HouseUS funders and partners and op-ed content for philanthropic and broader media audiences.
- Mapping and identifying fundraising opportunities; especially thinking about individual donors and donor advised funds (DAFs).
- Communicating and managing workflows with potential donors.
- Developing funder outreach materials, content, and light design for one-pagers, newsletters, and other documents.
- Maintaining funder database and keeping it up to date.
- Preparing materials for HouseUS Advisory Committee and Executive Committee meetings.
- Coordinating and organizing group meetings, including 3-4 Advisory Committee meetings/year.
- Tracking HouseUS contracts and invoices in collaboration with our fiscal sponsor.
- Assist with maintaining and regularly updating (in conjunction with fund co-directors) overall fund budget and supporting budgeting and forecasting processes.
- 2+ years of organizing, movement work, and/or philanthropy.
- Ability to draft materials for review and independently generate writing based upon direction.
- Proactive problem solver and enjoys troubleshooting and surfacing creative solutions to achieve desired outcomes.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management ability; anticipates obstacles and proactively considers alternative solutions.
- Effective communicator who understands who the key stakeholders are and can strategically lead conversations between them.
- Experience and familiarity with Zoom and remote working.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (not required)
- Experience in communications, development, and administration.
We welcome and encourage individuals to apply even if they feel they do not have ANY of the preferred qualifications.
SALARY & BENEFITS
The salary budget for this position is between $65,000 - $75,000 and will be commensurate with experience.
Generous benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), matching retirement program, and remote office stipend.
This position will be remotely based with infrequent domestic travel, as needed.
Amalgamated Charitable Foundation values a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. We are an equal opportunity employer, and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Health insurance
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities