132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Regional Operations Manager
Full Job Description
Regional Operations Manager (ROM)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Health Center Operations
SALARY: $ 87314.82 - $98961.32 / year
Schedule: Mon-Fri 9a-5p and travel required for the role will be up to 50%.
Location: This position will be based in Albuquerque, NM
Summary: Regional Operations Managers are responsible for directing the operational activities of the individual Health Centers within their Regional Zone. They are accountable for cultivating high-performing Health Center Managers that exceed expectations for Key Performance Indicators and comply with all compliance regulations and agency policy and procedures. To do this, Regional Operations Managers are expected to be strong leaders, mentors, and coaches and utilize those skills to build their management and staffing line.
This Regional Operations Manager (ROM) position will lead 4 health centers, 20+ teammates, and provide oversight of operations with complete accountability for approximately $4MM P&L. ROMs provide strategic and tactical leadership, counsel, and direction to the field management teams of those assigned facilities to ensure safe, efficient, and ethical patient care. Additionally, ROMs identify and develop strategic growth opportunities, monitor zone performance, and work closely with the Director of Health Center Operations (DHCO) and Deputy Director of Operations (DDO) to develop strategies in alignment with PPRMs mission and values.
Travel is a big part of this role: Although based in Albuquerque, this Regional Zone includes sites in Durango, CO, Farmington, NM, Cortez, CO, and Las Cruces, NM. Travel is required and is a significant portion of this role. Overnight Travel comprises approximately ~50% of scheduled work time. Travel expenses are covered.
You have managed a healthcare team and are experienced at coaching, mentoring, and developing supervisors in healthcare settings.
You see staff growth and development as central to successful teams.
You have 5 years of experience in Healthcare Management, a strong commitment to customer service, excellent operational strategy, and are committed to cultivating a positive and inclusive culture.
You can work independently while leading a team and are able to identify the root causes of problems and address & implement process improvements.
You think critically through ideas and problems, are detailed oriented, and have efficient time management skills.
You understand and have experience maintaining regulatory compliance.
You may have a bachelor's degree in business, human services, or a health-related field
Key Approaches to the Work:
Outstanding Supervisor: You pride yourself on being a manager who empowers, models core values, and creates the conditions in which others can be successful as leaders and managers themselves. You are able to identify and motivate others around ambitious goals, as well as provide the coaching, feedback and support that enables your team to reach them and feel successful. You are a decisive and strategic decision-maker
Adept relationship builder: You build meaningful, trusting relationships and use your adept communication skills to help people feel valued and respected, even when things are tough. You identify solutions to challenges. You’re collaborative in nature and value collaboration, internally and externally to your team, as important in your work.
Communication: Key to your success is your ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing, so others understand and are invested in what you say. You use your skills to help solve problems, meeting people where they are and resolving challenges through thoughtful and respectful communication.
Proactive Do-er: You’re a get-stuff-done person, who can juggle multiple projects and prioritize to use time effectively and efficiently. You’re flexible and adjust when things change (because they always do!) and you stay on top of various projects and priorities with relative ease. You look for solutions when you see problems and take initiative to make things better.
Inclusion and Equity Champion: You deeply value inclusion and actively contribute to a more equitable and inclusive organization. You are reflective and understand how your perspective is shaped and influenced by your identity. You accept responsibility for your own behavior and action in upholding an equitable and inclusive workplace.
Areas of Responsibility
Managing High Performing Health Center Managers: you’re responsible for creating a healthy work environment and the conditions for training, coaching, and supervision. You will provide support that ensures health center managers are skilled and successful in meeting the performance metrics established for their roles. You work diligently to build a strong and effective team that embodies the agency’s core values. You will:
- Choose highly competent and confident candidates to fill the manager roles on your team
- Develop high-performing, competent, skillful, and enthusiastic health center managers while holding them accountable to high standards
- Work with the HR team to support staffing for your health centers
- Guide and support performance corrections and intervene in serious matters
- Maintain positive morale by checking in periodically with staff at all levels
- Identify career progression opportunities within PPRM for health center staff
- Step in as interim health center manager if needed
Excellent and Efficient Health Centers: You ensure health center compliance with all necessary requirements (HIPAA, CLIA, OSHA , Pharmacy etc.), as well as the overall operational and administrative success of the center. You have responsibility for financial health and performance indicators, as well as serving as a link between the health centers and other teams and departments that work alongside them. You will:
- Assist in the development of accurate health center budgets using benchmark targets and current trends
- Monitor financial, quality, performance, and other data to assure the quality of care and sound business practices. Make adjustments accordingly
- Actively monitor and meet key performance indicators (cycle times, visit volumes, satisfaction scores, etc.) to meet or exceed benchmarks
- Provide health center financial status to staff and stakeholders regularly
- Provides information to managers for staff meetings to facilitate communication between administration and the health center. Attend staff meetings periodically and as needed.
- Maintain ongoing communication with security department to ensure staff and patient safety, and possess a working understanding of internal security system (cameras, alarm codes, contact lists etc.)
- Review, share, and respond to patient experience data and incidents reported
- Develop strong working relationships with other PPRM departments to assure most effective provision of medical services, and adherence to legal and medical standards.
- Respond to security alarm calls as needed
In this role you will support abortion and reproductive health services by being a leader for health center managers who provide daily support and guidance to our staff who see patients each day
Benefits at PPRM include:
- A predictable schedule and dedicated individualized paid training
- 401K/Safe Harbor Contributions (We contribute to your 401K after an allotted period of time)
- Medical/Vision/Dental, with extended mental health coverage
- Employee Loan Program
- Employee Assistance Program and WorkLife Partnership
- PPRM Internal Benefits Program
- Paid Family Leave/Paid Parental Leave
- PTO and Sick Time
- Float Holidays (You pick your holidays)
- Bereavement Leave
- And More!
COVID-19 Vaccine: PPRM requires that all employees are fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. An employee is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose of a single- dose vaccination (Johnson and Johnson/Janssen). Proof must be uploaded upon starting. You will upload a picture or pdf of your vaccination card(s) on your first day of orientation.
Flu Protocol: All employees working directly with patients or working in a health center will be required to have the flu shot or wear a mask during patient contact or while in the health center from October 1 – April 30 each year (Flu Season). The flu shot will be available to health center employees in the health center in addition to being able to seek the flu vaccine externally through the medical plan or reimbursement.
Background Check Required
Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity, equity, inclusion, respect, integrity, customer focus, and innovation. We are committed to creating a welcoming space for all people on our staff, in our health centers, and in our community. We do this by tending to the team, respecting and honoring all people, jumping in, trying and learning, caring for our business, and returning to our mission.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities