132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Resident Services Coordinator
Resident Services Coordinator
Full Job Description
We are hiring a Resident Services Coordinator who provides outreach, case finding, assessments, and care planning with seniors, disabled adults, the chronically homeless, and families within the scope of the Resident Services Program. Services attend to the psychosocial, health, financial, recreational, nutritional and legal needs of clients. Promotes a campus continuum of services between the Parkview Terraces and the Mary Helen Rogers Senior Community.
What You Will Do:
- Provides individual casework, case management for frail or at-risk residents to include: assessment, development of individual case plan, application of interventions, coordination of services and monitoring.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with individual residents, their families and neighborhood groups through home visits, office visits and informal on-going contacts.
- Identifies residents in need of services and maintains awareness of health status, assessing degree of danger, and risks to or from residents.
- Serves as liaison or advocate with outside social and health agencies for the residents.
- Promotes self-sufficiency within the resident’s capacity.
- Provides information and referral, crisis intervention and counseling with individuals and groups as needed.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records and files on all clients receiving casework services.
- Identifies barriers to full and complete provision of service needed by participants and effectively problem-solves to resolve these issues.
- Facilitates and supports "neighbor-to-neighbor", family and volunteer care giving.
- Provides resident population with current information on services, benefit programs and other resources.
- Works in close collaboration with the San Francisco Departments of Public Health and Human Services and their programs targeted to chronically homeless residents.
- Identifies and develops training opportunities for resident groups and site staff.
- Works cooperatively with housing manager or agency director in an advisory or facilitative capacity to address needs of residents.
- Collaborates with the Mary Helen Rogers, Parkview Terraces, and Mary Helen Rogers Senior Community staff to implement programming which promotes a campus environment between the sites.
- Ensures completion of required documentation and statistics.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Why Work Here:
- We have medical and dental coverage or pay a cash stipend if you are covered on another plan. Life Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Emergency Relief Fund, and much more!
- We offer on the job training and professional development opportunities.
- We offer tuition and/or fee assistance for qualified programs.
Who You Are:
- You enjoy working with people and have interpersonal skills.
- You can use tact and courtesy in dealing with residents under sometimes trying conditions. You can show patience and understanding.
- You like your days to be varied, can handle a fast-paced environment, and don’t mind working under pressure.
- Knowledge of and access to community resources with an emphasis on aging, addiction and mental health services. Knowledge of and willingness to match programs and services appropriate for residents. Instructional skills to present information. Skills to organize and document notes and case plans. Skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships and to achieve constructive casework outcomes. Demonstrated proficient interpersonal, verbal, and written English communication skills. Ability to relate appropriately and effectively to residents and families, to other staff and to personnel of other community agencies. Ability to work independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team of property management, community resources and residents. Ability to maintain positive customer focused approach and confidentiality of resident, staff and organization information at all times. Ability to act with patience, tact and courtesy in dealing with residents, family and staff under demanding and difficult conditions. Sensitivity and understanding of issues related to aging. Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Bachelor of Social Work, Psychology, or related field required. Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field strongly preferred. Minimum three (3) years of direct experience with populations that have been homeless, addicted to substances, and/or with chronic mental health conditions. May require bilingual language skills and abilities, dependent upon community’s needs. Ability to travel to multiple locations (hospitals, community resources, meeting appointments) as needed. If driving, California driver’s license, proof of insurance, and a clean driving record required.
Who We Are: Founded in 1958, Sequoia Living is a Bay Area-based nonprofit organization dedicated to providing older adults with stimulating, joyful living environments and services that support and enrich their lives. Throughout our six decades as a nonprofit serving Bay Area seniors, we’ve learned the importance of connection and collaboration when it comes to providing resources for healthy aging. From our Resident Services, continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) to safe affordable housing, engaging senior centers, and a purpose-filled volunteer program, we provide friendly environments where people can explore and discover what it means to grow stronger, wiser, and more joyful.
Sequoia Living is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $31.28 - $31.29 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: In person
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities