132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 10 New Jobs Today.
Community Health Coordinator
Community Health Coordinator
Full Job Description
Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career.
The American Heart Association has an excellent opportunity for a Community Impact Coordinat or within our Western States Region based in Seattle, Washington . This is a grant-supported, part-time position with an anticipated duration through August 2023 offering a schedule of 35 hours per week.
This is a home/field based position that involves regular work performed from remote locations throughout Pierce, King and Snohomish counties primarily and some throughout Washington State for business meetings and events.
Under broad supervision and in collaboration with other staff, coordinate and implement 3 grant funded projects focused on nutrition security and hypertension management that drive sustainable change. Support guidance and training for AHA staff virtually on how to facilitate food security screening and referral systems in community and clinical organizations and how to work with food banks to develop and implement nutrition policies and nutritional nudges. Conduct outreach to Washington State clinics, food banks and community organizations and facilitate relationships to help identify food needs and provide healthier culturally relevant food options. Work with Community Impact and Grants Administration team to manage budgets and distribute funds. Track and evaluate work on clinical and community projects. Facilitate sending education and collecting feedback to individuals participating in virtual and on-site programs.
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as training and support locally and through our National Center.
\#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valued™ at the American Heart Association by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and at heart.org.
- Serve as project coordinator for large-scale nutrition and hypertension initiatives to include budget management, reporting, etc.
- Coordinate resources for projects.
- Build training and toolkits and conduct training for AHA staff teams on food bank nutrition policy and food security screening and referral systems.
- Communicate with Washington state clinics and community organizations to adopt nutrition policy changes and food security screening and referral systems.
- Support work to identify and implement new partnerships and projects.
- Attend and actively participate in internal and external strategy and sharing sessions.
- Two (2) years of progressive experience in public health, community health or equivalent.
- Prove ability to recruit, engage and manage volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to drive toward and achieve results.
- Effectively manage relationships with the ability to gain trust and demonstrate influence without authority.
- Comfort level working with clinic and community organization leadership.
- Experience conducting virtual meetings.
- Comfortable with virtual work environment
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with a variety of audiences.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required.
Here are some of the preferred skills we are looking for:
- Knowledge and comfort level with nutrition and nutrition focused organizations
- Connections and knowledge of Washington community organizations, especially those serving historically excluded or marginalized communities.
- Ability to speak and write fluently in both Spanish and English is preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
Expected pay range will be $28.80 per hour-$30.00 per hour. Pay is commensurate with experience; geographic differentials to the pay range may apply. The American Heart Association reserves the right to pay more or less than the posted range. The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
- Compensation – Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. That’s why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments, as needed.
- Performance and Recognition – You are rewarded for achieving success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the type of position.
- Professional Development – You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association’s national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
- Work-Life Harmonization – The Association offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes several days off at the end of the year.
- Tuition Assistance - We support the career development of all employees. This program provides financial assistance to employees who wish to further their education and career in relation to their current duties and responsibilities, or for potential future positions in the organization.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Posted Date 16 hours ago (2/28/2023 1:53 PM)
Requisition ID 2023-10135
Job Category Administrative Support
Position Type Part Time
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities