132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Senior Manager, Distribution and Product Marketing (Social Impact)
Senior Manager, Distribution and Product Marketing (Social Impact)
Full Job Description
About the Markle Foundation:
The Markle Foundationchallenges itself and diverse partners to deploy their varied expertise to identify solutions to critical public problems and achieve systemic change. Today, as millions are unemployed and advanced technology and automation change the very nature of work, Markle’s current priority is advancing solutions that will enable workers in America to move into good jobs in the digital economy.
About the Rework America Alliance:
In response to the devastating impact of the pandemic, Markle launched the Rework America Alliancea nationwide collaboration of employers, non-profits, educators, government entities, and public and private organizations. The Alliance is working with a wide array of partners to open opportunities for millions of unemployed and low wage workers to move into good jobs, particularly people of color who have been disproportionately impacted by the current economic crisis. Partners include National Urban League, NAACP, Unidos US, the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, Google, IBM, Microsoft, McKinsey & Company, North America’s Building Trades Unions, Workday and other leading businesses, labor unions, training, and workforce organizations. (The full list of members can be found on our website.)
The Rework America Alliance builds on Markle’s previous work in this field. In 2013, Markle launched itsRework Americainitiative to help workers have greater market power and a stronger voice in decisions that impact their lives. The Rework America Task Force was focused on how to create more good jobs and how to prepare people for them, publishing the Norton press book America’s Moment in 2015.
This work inspired the development of Markle’s Skillfulinitiative in 2016 in Colorado - which expanded to Indiana in 2018. Skillful has now transitioned into Markle’s Rework America Alliance. Skillful is contributing resources to the Alliance as it aims to help unemployed people across the country return to the workforce in better jobs with greater career potential.
About the role:
Markle’s Distribution team is working to help the Rework America Alliance achieve its goals to advance labor market solutions that will help people move into quality jobs regardless of educational attainment. We are unlocking opportunities for the more than two-thirds of Americans who do not hold a bachelor’s degree by gaining greater recognition for the skills they have attained through other means. In particular, we are working to open opportunities for Black and Latino workers who face some of the most challenging barriers to economic mobility. To meet our goals, we are working with a dedicated set of partners to share resources that help career coaches and others connect more job seekers to good jobs, and by driving the adoption of inclusive sourcing and hiring practices by employers.
As a key role in the Distribution team, the Senior Manager Distribution and Product Marketing will co-lead the Distribution work through the guidance of the Director of Engagement and Distribution. The Senior Manager will be responsible for marketing our resources to and via our Distribution partners - from content aggregation and presentation to product marketing – working with others on the Markle team, including shared associate support and in collaboration with the broader Markle communication team. This role supports a team of workforce subject matter experts and is responsible for capturing learnings, creating shareable resources (reports and playbooks) and getting this to the intended audience, to maximize their reach and impact.
The Senior Manager Distribution and Product Marketing will manage integration of our tools and resources into the platforms of a broad range of partners, from nonprofits to large technology companies. This is a marketing and project management role that presents the opportunity to leverage your skills for a social good impact by maximizing the reach of our tools and resources. The users of our resources are primarily career coaches and employers (hiring managers, recruiters), but also include organizational executives and public policy makers. We reach these users through the platforms and engagement mechanisms of our partner organizations (“distribution partners”).
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Distribution strategy and implementation
· Identify organizations with appropriate reach that are willing and able to distribute Alliance resources through their channels or will use resources with limited or no Markle customized support. Understand their audience and reach.
· Optimize content for mass distribution (both individually and by directing the work of our associates); requires knowledge of operational requirements to support broad distribution of resources (e.g., enough to manage contractors who may be providing support)?.
· Design and establish metrics for distribution channel effectiveness.
· Manage campaign design, in partnership with Markle’s communication team, to increase usage of Alliance assets developed by Alliance partners.
· Strategic Relationship Management
· Manage relationships with distribution affiliates to include linking them to subject matter experts, as needed, providing minor technical assistance. Develop mechanisms to evaluate needed resources for the Rework Alliance partners and affiliates.
· Engage distribution affiliate and draft engagement commitment to deliver Alliance resources, with the following considerations: Ensure appropriate use of resources, obtain commitment to share metrics and learnings where feasible, clearly indicate level of support to be provided.
· Cross-team collaboration
· Responsible for guiding the implementation of new partnerships, digital systems, tools and processes to support distribution partners.
· Work with communications teams to maintain brand when creating content to aid in the success of distribution efforts.
· Other duties: As is true of all Markle and the Alliance, all team members execute a diverse portfolio of projects across Alliance and contribute to the learning culture through execution of pilots, supporting multiple initiatives and collaborating across teams and partner organizations.
Required occupational skills:
· Content aggregation and integration: Ability to aggregate internal and external assets and resources (e.g.: e-learning, digital tools, playbooks) into dynamic resource packages and playbooks. Familiarity with technologies including content management platforms, website integrations and content sharing. Professionalism to collaboratively manage multiple contributors and strategies, paired with the expertise to integrate these packages into distributable form.
· Narrative Development: able to work independently and collaboratively to define the overall market narrative, construct target user profiles, generate user case studies and other collateral to support distribution efforts, and guide product communication efforts across multiple audiences and channels. This will require the skill to create consistent and compelling messaging that is used to market products or services to target audiences.
· Strategic amplification: Keen understanding of approaches to product marketing, expertise to ensure that product amplification goals are achieved, skills to amplify content within other partner channels and alongside other branded partner content and resources, proficiency in product placement, and other best practices.
· UX / CX: ability to work across the organization and with partners to develop an understanding of the user’s needs, goals, motivations, behaviors, beliefs, preferences, and values and capacity to use this insight to revise the approach to content aggregation, amplification, and partner strategies.
· Channel Strategies: analytical, strategic thinking, project management, and sales enablement skills to determine the most effective channels to use for products and programs, and developing a plan for how to use each channel to reach and engage user.
· Content, presentation and production management: skilled at setting priorities for content production and ensuring the availability of high-quality product collateral. Capable of creating presentation / work products that can stand on their own when design resources are unavailable.
· Market entry and scalable strategies: Expertise in entering a new market and the implications to our organizations and partners (intellectual property, distributed content management, negotiated incentives, etc.).
Required foundational skills:
· Relationship Development: Ability to build credibility and establish trust with key stakeholders, within the market, and at all levels of the organization.
· Communication: Ability to listen to and identify messages others are attempting to convey, and convey ideas effectively. Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience. Skilled in effective writing, organization, situational judgment, interpersonal relations, and communications.
· Creativity: Demonstrable creativity with an ability to collaborate with diverse groups with various stakeholder priorities, and ability to display leadership through a high level of creative solutions and change management.
· Persuasion: Ability to persuade organizations and individuals to adopt a practice or tool or to collaborate on a program.
· Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
· Results tracking: Monitoring and assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action. Ability to work independently, take the initiative, set priorities, follow through and see tasks through to completion. Generate, analyze, and interpret various digital audience and other metrics to inform strategic decision making.
· Strong analytical skills: Ability to interpret and utilize data to inform decisions and executive on the strategic and operational plans.
Overall Markle Required Skills
· Collaborative team leadership: Ability to work with people from different backgrounds, including senior business non-profit and government leadership. Ability to mentor junior team members and peers, and drive results.
· Excellent interpersonal skills: Emanates a collaborative demeanor to build rapport and establish credibility with partners. Applies critical interpersonal and judgment skills to affect outcomes. Has complete comfort and confidence in offering helpful advice and counsel to colleagues at all levels.
· Nimble and strategic in the face of change: Comfortable in a fluid, changing startup environment. Capacity to deal with ambiguity and drive towards concrete solutions. Positive attitude with an openness and willingness to learn, apply feedback and improvise.
· Understanding of and commitment to continuous learning of how historical and systemic barriers are embedded in and deeply consequential to opportunity in the labor market, pertaining to such issues as race, gender, age, class, and disabilities.
· Inclusive Management: A proven ability to manage a team, both directly and/or indirectly, to deliver a set of key outcomes and deliverables and to foster a culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion.
· Degree and Credential Requirements: NONE! We value candidates who can demonstrate capability and articulate how prior experiences will help them to contribute.
· Workforce and corporate training skills: design, develop, and deliver training programs to employees and organizations. Sample skills include: instructional design, adult learning theory (understanding of how adults learn and how to tailor training programs to meet their needs), and technology-based training,
· Partnership (“sales”) enablement skills: Product and industry knowledge, knowledge of the sales process and experience in developing and executing sales strategies (ability to design and deliver partnership training programs that meet the needs of partnership professionals and drive performance)
· Team Management: Motivating, developing, and managing people as they work,
identifying the most skilled people for the job.
· Work Type: Hybrid, ~2x a week in office required.
· Location: Colorado (Denver Metro region) preferred. NYC, DC, and Indianapolis considered for the right candidate. Fully remote candidates will not be considered for this role.
· Title: Senior Manager – Distribution & Product Marketing (Social Impact)
· Reports to: Program Director of Engagement and Distribution
· Term: Full-time
· Salary & Benefits: $90,000 - $130,000 base salary (depending on location and skill level), with generous benefits such as healthcare, retirement, and time off including parental leave.
· Travel: Ability to travel as needed, travel requirements expected 10%.
· Applying: Please email your resume to the email below with the subject Sr. Manager Distribution & Product Marketing (Social Impact): Your last name
Markle is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, military status, or veteran's status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Health insurance
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities