132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Job Posting 022423 – Position: Full-Time Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations – Fundraising
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled Application Method: Submit applications through online recruitment portals
Posting live: 03.03.2023 10:00 AM
Job Posting Status: Open
Organization Kean University Foundation, Inc.
Job Posting Information
Term Reviewed Every Fiscal Year
Job Type Full-time Employment
Job Title Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations
Job Location Roselle Park, NJ
Salary Between $80,000 - $100,000 depending on experience
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer of the Kean University Foundation (KUF), the Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations will develop and execute a comprehensive plan to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward corporate and foundation prospects and donors. Maximizing unrestricted philanthropic revenue while simultaneously prioritizing support for new and underfunded University projects and programs. He/she will have the opportunity to share stories of Kean University’s successes and goals and will play a critical role in driving the Foundation’s total fundraising revenues forward.
She/he will serve as the leading author for most grant proposals and will take the lead in building strong relationships with the corporate and foundation community in the tristate area and beyond.
The Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations is a member of the Kean University Foundation’s (KUF) frontline development team responsible for developing, managing, and implementing corporate and foundation grant strategies to meet or exceed budget goals and expand philanthropic support.
- Develop and lead the execution of a comprehensive corporate and foundation fundraising program, with an emphasis on securing unrestricted grants, funding for new and underfunded projects and programs, and new donors – while retaining, and growing, existing corporate and foundation support.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to increase Kean’s nationwide visibility among corporate and foundation funders.
- Craft compelling frames and narratives for Kean University’s work – collaborating closely with key internal and external stakeholders to develop general and issue specific program proposals, reports, and related budgets as well as expense reports.
- Directly manage a portfolio of corporate and foundation funders – including key existing and prospective donors – on a range of programs and services pertaining to Kean University.
- Coordinate with and appropriately leverage the contacts and involvement of the Kean University President and Chief of Staff, Deans, University Vice Presidents, Board members, and other executive-level leaders to engage with corporate and foundation prospects.
- Conduct prospect research while effectively using contact management systems and processes to oversee and track pertinent donor and prospect information in Raiser’s Edge, including overseeing data entry for all corporate and foundation donor contacts, research, and analytic reporting.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop and monitor the Foundation’s’ s annual and longer-term revenue plan – leading corporate and foundation revenue as well as expense budgeting and tracking in partnership with Kean University Foundation’s senior management team.
- Analyze KUF needs and create strategic and long-range plans for planned gift fundraising.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience plus a minimum of 3-5 years (direct or equivalent) experience managing high-level donor relationships with demonstrated success in closing gifts of $100,000 and above.
- Fundraising strategist with a passion for higher education;
- At least seven (7) years of progressively responsible development and/or related programmatic experience, including significant experience in managing corporations and foundations, proposal and report writing, and engaging in related programmatic work, preferably in the educational sector;
- Proven track record in fostering professional relationships with corporate and foundation program officers and staff, managing a dynamic portfolio of financial prospects and donors;
- Superior communicator and storyteller, with the ability to frame and write in compelling language about Kean University and the Kean University Foundation in order to prepare complex proposals, reports, and related materials;
- Expertise in revenue planning, budget development, and expense reporting for corporate and foundation funders;
- Demonstrated ability to influence and engage diverse audiences and to build long-term relationships, including experience leveraging executive-level staff to achieve fundraising success;
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge (or a similar database) and prospect research tools required;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple, multi-faceted projects, meet deadlines, maintain composure, and perform well independently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven setting;
- Sound judgment and ability to exercise discretion when dealing with confidential information regarding the Foundation’s business and sensitive donor information; high degree of self-motivation, personal discipline, and integrity;
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred;
- High Emotional Intelligence and a strong ability to work in a collaborative and team-based environment;
- A track record of being highly dependable, utilizing sound judgment, and responding well to adversity; and
- A passion for higher education is a plus.
- Ability to travel
Send your application to : email@example.com
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities