132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Director, Foundation Engagement
Full Job Description
Director, Foundation Engagement
ChildFund is a child-focused international development organization that works in 24 countries to connect children with the people, resources and institutions they need to grow up healthy, educated, skilled and safe, no matter where they are.
ChildFund is cultivating a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible environment where everyone is seen and welcomed equally. In our culture of connection, you will have ample opportunity to grow, learn, and lead while contributing to our inspiring vision.
About This Role
ChildFund’s new bold strategy, Growing Connections, outlines the organization’s ambition to scale child-centered programs, influence the child development ecosystem and grow the capabilities needed for scaling our impact. To achieve our bold goal of reaching 100 million vulnerable children by 2030, we need to deepen our connections with new and current Foundations.
The Director, Foundation Engagement will lead the organization-wide effort to position, cultivate, and convert key Foundations into multi-asset partners. This work will include research and analysis, nurturing relationships, pre-positioning, cultivation and influence across ChildFund’s account teams to orchestrate positioning with Foundation partnerships.
This is a full-time, fixed-term (2 years), hybrid position located in Nairobi, Kenya. To be considered, candidates must have current work authorization in Kenya. Fluency in English is required. The ability to travel up to 40% internationally is required.
- Identify and research foundations and finalize a Foundations strategy for 10-15 Foundations.
- Proactively engage with foundations based on networks, strategic alignment, country strategic plans and Growing Connections 2030.
- Orchestrate matrixed team engagement on Foundation cultivation through coordination with the Director of Business Development, Senior Director of Corporate Engagement, Regional Directors, Country Directors, technical advisors, policy experts, Executive Team members, and research and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team members.
- Lead and motivate account-based cross-functional teams and work groups.
- Lead proposal development for Foundations, including writing and drafting proposals, budget frameworks and theories of changes. Engage technical advisors, Business Development, M&E experts and other needed capacities.
- Engage vigorously across three regions (Africa, Americas and Asia) to advance Foundations’ engagement through prioritization and pre-positioning.
- Lead knowledge sharing, best practices and upskilling on Foundation engagement across the organization.
- Identify opportunities for CEO and Executive Engagement; prepare and facilitate meetings with senior executives and Foundation leaders.
- Support the Vice President of External Engagement on engagement with in high-opportunity Foundations in support of annual revenue targets and goals.
- Build and maintain an internal tracking system with tools and guidance for dissemination and learning. Lead the development of a suite of products for Foundation engagement, including: policy and programmatic work, evidence and learning, promising trends and programmatic and policy impact.
- Conduct power mappings to uncover synergies and develop creative and crisp pre-positioning documents.
- Support other cross-collaborative initiatives for the External Affairs and Partnership division, aligned with influencing the child development ecosystem.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English.
- Outstanding communication skills, including oral presentation and writing.
- Excellent networking and relationship-building skills.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to engage with, negotiate with, and influence senior leaders in external networks and to align internal resources in support of organizational strategy.
- Excellent collaboration skills, with the ability to thrive and drive progress in a matrixed structure with cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical capability to apply “big picture” organizational goals and strategy to shorter-term objectives.
- Proven ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines in a cross-cultural environment across multiple time zones.
- High aptitude for learning and desire to serve as a champion for continuous learning and growth.
- A commitment to supporting and fostering an inclusive work environment.
- University degree.
- At least 9 years of professional experience, including at least 6 years of experience in fundraising, donor engagement, or related work.
- Knowledge of development trends and philanthropy sector.
- Experience working in a global organization in a matrixed structure.
- Advanced degree.
- Experience building multi-faceted partnerships with international INGOs and professional Foundations.
- Current work authorization in Kenya.
- Proximity to ChildFund’s office location in Nairobi, Kenya.
- The ability to travel internationally up to 40%.
- Please note: this is a salaried, fixed-term position of 2 years and pay is in local currency.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities