Administrative Assistant II
Administrative Assistant II
Full Job Description
With a track record of global leadership in bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy and COVID-19 vaccines, Fred Hutch has earned a reputation as one of the world’s leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research centers. Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton therapy and related services, and network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures to the world’s deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
At Fred Hutch we value collaboration, compassion, determination, excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. These values are grounded in and expressed through the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our mission is directly tied to the humanity, dignity and inherent value of each employee, patient, community member and supporter. Our commitment to learning across our differences and similarities make us stronger. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an anti-racist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, anti-racism and inclusion.
The Administrative Assistant II is responsible for providing administrative support, including planning, coordination, and implementation of various projects and activities under the direction of a senior research administrator in support of the Program in Immunology within the Translational Science and Therapeutics Division. The role interacts with all levels of faculty, professional and technical staff, and internal and external collaborators. This position requires an individual with an exceptional work ethic and the ability to exercise solid judgment and discretion in interpreting and implementing Center policies and procedures within existing framework. The position requires someone that is very proactive, focused, confident, and self-directed, and able to engage in and manage projects independently, along with managing multiple work activities, all focused on ensuring the highest level of professionalism and customer service.
- Function as a primary administrative contact person for the Program and the Program’s 9 Principal Investigators and their perspective laboratories.
- Perform administrative duties to include office organization, records maintenance, and coordination of functions with various individuals and organizations.
- Function as the Procard Reconciler (10 + cards) and perform compliance duties per the Center policy.
- Process Onboarding and Offboarding activities in WorkDay and per the Program policy. Maintain familiarity with the Center, Program and Laboratory functions and training requirements.
- Process Time and Effort payroll information for the Program staff.
- Purchase equipment and supplies for the Program, obtain bids as required and perform inventory control duties; work with purchasing department as required.
- Arrange conference and meeting schedules, travel agendas and requirements, and activities as required by the Program head; perform clerical duties to include preparation of correspondence, manuscripts, etc. and be responsible for office operation.
- Maintain the database of CVs, Biosketches, Other Supports pre the Center, UW, and/or the NIH policy.
- Gather and compile data for contract and grant proposals, and reports of complex nature.
- Monitor grants, contracts and budgets to document expenditures and verify proper accountability.
- Establish procedures and interpret and apply administrative policies to the work unit. Upgrade existing Program administrative protocols and create new SOPs.
- Ensure that policies are established within the Program to protect sensitive or confidential information.
- Perform projects specific to the Program and Department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of five years progressively complex administrative experience (Additional experience may substitute for educational requirement).
- Proficient in the use of common computer applications and software such as programs within Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc).
- Budget experience is a plus.
In addition, the following Professional Attributes are desired:
Office skills such as organizational, strategic planning and scheduling, time-management, verbal and written communication, critical thinking, quick-learning, and detail oriented.
- Willingness to deliver exceptional customer service and be an ambassador for the Program, the Division, and the Center
- Flexibility, adaptability, and taking initiatives.
- Commitment to confidentiality.
- Exceptional work ethic.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement, with exceptions only for approved medical or religious accommodations. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees must, prior to their first day of employment:
Provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 ; OR
Initiate the accommodations process to request a religious or medical accommodation (medical accommodations require a healthcare provider’s certification).
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center offers employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance health, well-being, and financial security. Benefits include medical/vision, dental, flexible spending accounts, life, disability, retirement, family life support, employee assistance program, onsite health clinic, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation (12-22 days per year), paid sick leave (12-25 days per year), paid holidays (13 days per year), paid parental leave (up to 4 weeks), and partially paid sabbatical leave (up to 6 months).
Our Commitment to Diversity: We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.
- Health insurance
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*