132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Senior Associate, People and Culture
Sr. Associate, People & Culture
Reports to: People, Culture, & Experience Director
Location: Remote in the continental US, Alaska, or Hawaii
Pay Rate: $31/hour
The Trevor Project is the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-profit that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text, and chat. We also operate the world’s largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We’ve been saving lives every day for over 20 years.
Overview of the role
People are at the core of what we do. In collaboration with our People, Culture, & Experience team our Sr. Associate, People & Culture will contribute to The Trevor Project’s life-saving work by ensuring our staff is provided with best-in-class experiences and strong core people processes to be successful in their roles. Like other members of our People & Culture team, you understand that every decision we make should result in the ability to hire, develop, and retain a diverse group of exceptional people to support our life-saving work.
Who You Are
- Process Coordination/Support. You have demonstrated success following processes effectively, on time, and with an eye on all the details that go into successfully achieving goals.
- Adaptable. You understand the value of candor and receiving feedback up, down, and across an organization. You demonstrate good professional judgment and are reliable. You strive to learn and grow your skills every day.
- People person. You love building relationships with people and are able to do so in a remote environment. You want to bring together diverse groups of people and excite them about our life-saving work.
- Tech savvy. You have demonstrated experience navigating in a remote or hybrid environment, with success in creating and maintaining digital functionalities to support processes.
- Agile. You have demonstrated success navigating ambiguity and working with competing priorities, maintain composure and positivity under pressure.
- Clear communicator. You have a proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely, in both verbal and written form, adopting an organizational voice to ensure any communications on behalf of the People & Culture team are consistent with the culture we want to continue building.
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ young people. You care about saving lives. You care about intersectionality. You want to have a hand in changing the world.
What You'll Do
- Support and project manage various People & Culture initiatives leveraging systems tools and resources, e.g. scheduling, timeline management, research, document and deck creation.
- Provide regular reporting to internal People & Culture team members in support of Trevor People & Culture programs and processes
- Manage multiple projects and tasks of varying complexity using Asana to keep our team on track towards our goals.
- Manage employee information with the highest level of confidentiality in accordance with Trevor policies
- Enhance and manage initiatives (e.g, work anniversaries, staff calendar and birthdays) that contribute to Trevor having a high-performing culture that engages, inspires, and retains amazing people.
- Handle administrative tasks across the People & Culture department (HRIS data entry, compliance tracking, Culture Amp maintenance, personnel file maintenance) that foster compliance, an inclusive remote-first culture, and provide a positive employee experience.
- Embody Trevor’s culture every day, in every decision you make. From how you operate during social events to how you navigate tough conversations, you’ll be expected to lead with a people-centric and culture-forward approach to resolve issues and move roadblocks.
- Serve as a strong peer to the People, Culture, & Experience sub-vertical on the broader People & Culture team by supporting intra-team projects and priorities.
- A career that truly makes a difference in the lives of LGBTQ young people–every single day
- Comprehensive health insurance, including coverage for various gender affirmation surgeries (and we pay 100% of your premiums for medical, dental, vision AND basic life insurance)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program to help with confidential emotional support, work life solutions, financial solutions, legal assistance, or online support
- Generous vacation and 12 paid holidays (one of our holidays is Harvey Milk Day!) plus two floating holidays , and three half-day Fridays during the summer
- Pet insurance
- Remote work from the continental US, Alaska, or Hawaii (we provide the technology, a monthly internet reimbursement, and a reimbursement to outfit your work-from-home space!)
- Professional and Learning Development Trainings/Education: including a professional subscription to LinkedIn Learning, providing access to more than 13,000 high quality on-demand courses.
- Online Subscription to Headspace, a digital mindfulness and meditation platform
The Trevor Project provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. The Trevor Project complies with all applicable laws.
- Health insurance
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities