132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
State Manager, New Hampshire (P2)
State Manager, New Hampshire
Full Job Description
Staff whose work requires or potentially could require any in-person interaction with Save the Children colleagues, partners, or beneficiaries must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless otherwise required by law. Save the Children complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.
Save the Children Action Network (“SCAN”) is a 501(c)(4) organization. As the political advocacy arm of Save the Children, we are building bipartisan support to make sure every child has a strong start in life. SCAN is seeking a State Manager for New Hampshire. In this role, you will be responsible for developing advocacy infrastructure in target legislative districts by identifying, cultivating and organizing SCAN supporters, student activists, and volunteer leaders. You will develop key relationships with coalition partners, elected officials and community stakeholders to advance SCAN’s advocacy campaigns. In partnership with the State & National Campaigns team, you will help assess our supporter base, determining key audiences and demographic segments to target, selecting strategies (both online and offline), to educate and engage targeted individuals and groups to meet our annual goals and deliverables.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
Build, develop and sustain an advocacy and campaigning infrastructure and SCAN presence in key districts (65%)
- Assess Save the Children Action Network’s supporter base, determine key audiences and demographic segments to target, selecting strategies both online and offline to educate and engage targeted individuals and groups to meet our annual goals and deliverables.
- Recruit, engage and maintain a supporter base that includes volunteer leaders, students, and other community members. Engage supporters in online and offline activities, such as letters, phone calls, petitions, social media, in-person meetings, letters to the editor, etc.
- Create and/or sustain community action teams to coordinate local, state and national campaigns locally
- Work collaboratively with SCAN’s student engagement team to build student clubs on targeted college campuses and support the outreach and advocacy efforts of college and high school student ambassadors
- Conduct trainings and provide ongoing support for volunteer leadership development.
- Manage volunteer data, ensuring accurate reporting
External Relationship Building (35%)
- Cultivate relationships with local, state and federal lawmakers in state to help advance our legislative agenda
- Register as lobbyist to advance state legislative priorities
- Engage with coalition partners and community stakeholders
- Promote SCAN’s agenda in coordination with partners by collaborating on events, outreach and other local engagement
- High School diploma or equivalent, plus at least three (3) years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated field experience in at least one election cycle
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English
- Professional proficiency in MS Office suite and social media
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate successfully with individuals and teams at all levels
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering an environment of diversity, inclusion, and belonging
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% to priority districts
This position may require the incumbent to operate a motor vehicle to fulfill certain essential functions of the job. The incumbent should maintain a valid driver’s license and remain in compliance with any Save the Children policies pertaining to the safe operation of motor vehicles.
- Experience working on state legislative or local campaigns
- Experience in campus and youth outreach and engagement campaigns
Save the Children is offering the following salary ranges for this position, dependent on candidate location:
Geo 1 - NY Metro, DC, and other locations with labor costs significantly above national average: Target Salary for this position is $66,300 – $74,100 base salary
Geo 2 - Locations around the US National Labor Cost Average: Target Salary for this position is $60,350 – $67,450 base salary
Geo 3 - Locations significantly below the US National Labor Cost Average: Target Salary for this position is $54,400 – $60,800 base salary
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, base salary of internal peers, business sector, and geographic location. Employee may be eligible for an incentive program. Save the Children also offers paid vacation, accrued at least 12 days a year, depending on paygrade and length of service, paid safety and wellness leave of at least 1 day per month worked for a full time employee which is pro rata reduced for employees working less than a full time schedule, and at least 10 paid holidays a year. Employees may be eligible for additional bonus compensation. Save the Children US also offers outstanding benefits that include health, dental, vision and life insurances, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program, a retirement savings plan with employer contribution, family leave, paid parental/adoption leave of 60 days, commuter benefits, paid caregiver leave days, 1 paid volunteer day a year, paid critical child illness leave days, dress for your day, and much more.
Why you should join the Save the Children Action Network…
Save the Children Action Network offers outstanding benefits that include health, dental, vision and life insurances, pet insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program, 401(k), generous vacation, personal sick leave, family leave, parental/adoption leave, commuter benefits, dress for your day, and much more.
Click here to learn more about how the Save the Children Action Network will invest in YOU!
About the Save the Children Action Network
Save the Children Action Network is the political voice for kids. We believe that every child deserves the best start in life. As the political advocacy arm of Save the Children, we’re building bipartisan will and voter support to make sure every child in the U.S. has access to high-quality early learning and that vulnerable children around the world are protected. By investing in kids and holding leaders accountable, we are helping kids survive and thrive.
No matter your role when you join Save the Children, each and every day you will challenge yourself to devote your skills, talent and expertise to changing the world for kids. It’s an ambitious goal, and a meaningful one no matter how you see yourself professionally: an accountant, a writer, a data analyst, a teacher, a driver, a designer, or any one of the hundreds of dozens of roles we’re looking to fill every day.
You see, Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Our work for children and their families requires that we commit—at every opportunity—to work together to identify and dismantle persistent systemic and structural racism, inequality, and any other forms of discrimination in this country and beyond. As an anti-racist organization, Save the Children will not tolerate discrimination in any form—in our employment practices, amongst our staff, in our leadership or toward the people we serve. We stand in solidarity with all people to fight for equal rights, justice, inclusion, and belonging.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom we are in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation.
Save the Children is committed to minimizing safety and security risks for our valued employees, ensuring all are given training, support and information to reduce their risk exposure while maximizing the impact of our programs for children and families. Our shared duty, both agency and individual, is to seek and maintain safe working conditions for all.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities