132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Assistant Club Director- Youth Programs
Assistant Club Director -Youth Programs
DEPARTMENT: Operations Department
REPORT TO: Club Director
STATUS: Full Time-Exempt (Salaried)
SALARY: $ 40,000-$45,000
PRIMARY FUNCTION: This full-time position supports overall Club operations focusing on the School Age (Primary) and Middle School/Teen programs (secondary) (members ages 5-18 years of age). This position operates within the Club as a licensed childcare facility with the primary concerns for daily program development, quality, and implementation; staff development; supervision of staff; and assisting with budget management. The position models and reinforces compliance with WI Administrative Code for Group Child Care Centers. Primary responsibility is the school-Age After School, Non-School Day, and Summer Camp Programs. Supports the Teen Program and community programs as assigned. This position supports the classrooms and will work directly with members on a daily basis. Assumes vacancies as needed. Requires ocassional evening and weekend hours based on the needs of the orginzation.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Program Development and Goals:
- Daily oversight of program quality, child safety (physical and emotional), and program implementation through classroom observation, modeling lessons and member interactions
- Guarantying a range of engaging programs designed for school-age youth and adolescents through the School Age Curricular Framework and Boys & Girls Clubs of America curriculum to create an optimal Club experience that is inclusive of all members.
- Ensure organizational goals connected to the strategic plan are met as assigned.
- Assume Lead Teacher responsibilities throughout the day and assume vacancies as needed.
- Monitor and communicate average daily attendance (ADA) and total membership goals.
- Participate in annual continuous improvement such as NYOI and YoungStar Quality Rating System.
- Reinforce and model WI Administrative Code, Organizational Policies and Procedures, and BGCA Safety Standards.
- Well-versed in membership tracking software, reporting, and application process.
- Identify volunteer opportunities and communicate needs to the supervisor.
- Address volunteer issues & concerns as appropriate.
- Ensure a quality volunteer experience through oversight of volunteer on-boarding.
- Assist in the development of and participate in collaborative partnerships with other youth-serving organizations, families, and community organizations.
- Increase visibility of Club programs through use of daily schedule, announcements of upcoming events, and other communications to families.
- When assigned, attend organization-sponsored special events.
- Monitor and track expenditures.
- Implement financial tools that are provided by the organization including the process of handling all program membership fees, purchasing policies, and reimbursement requirements.
- Coordinate with Supervisor and appointed Development Staff on grants.
- Ensure compliance with specified grant outcomes.
- Assist in the hiring process, completion of annual reviews, and corrective action plans when applicable in collaboration with Human Resources.
- Manage performance of assigned staff in achieving goals, providing technical assistance in program design, development, community relations, and program operations through direct observation in the classroom.
- Conduct staff meetings and orientations of new staff.
- Assists in implementing staff development and training programs
- Serves as a mentor teacher to demonstrate/model curriculum, behavior management techniques, and classroom management.
- Required to participate in special programs and/or events as assigned by supervisor(s)
- May be required to drive Club vehicles
- Requires occasional nights/weekends
- Assume vacancies as needed
- Assisting in staff-to-child ratio as assigned
- Supports Middle School and Teen Programs as assigned
- Supports community programs as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission and strategic priorities of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Dane County as assigned by supervisor(s).
Internal: Maintains close contact with assigned Directors and other staff to provide technical assistance in matters of programming. Interacts regularly with the supervisor, colleagues, CEO, and senior management team.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, and others.
- 21years of age or older
- High School Diploma/HSED/GED
- Reliable transportation and the ability to travel throughout Dane County. Must have valid drivers license and insurance if using personal vehicle.
- Eligibility as a Caregiver as determined by the Department of Children and Families
- Successful completion of substance abuse screening and physical examination
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education, Human Services, Sports Management, or other related degree preferred
- Two years of full-time youth development experience in a non-profit, community based or school program.
- One year of supervisory experience.
- Previous experience in a regulated childcare environment (day camp/residential camp/preschool or school-age program) highly prefered
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct and coordinate operations in personnel supervision and budget management
- The ability and desire to work with youth in a variety of settings
- Infant/Child CPR & AED Certification within 3 months of assuming role
- Program Leader qualified with a Registry Certificate of Achievement Level 3 or above within 6 months of assuming role and Registry Certificate of Achievement Level 7 or above within 1 year of assuming the role
- 240 hours or more documented experience in a licensed childcare facility or equivalent experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical requirements: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and policy manuals. The ability to clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts, and/or technical information with others. Ability to visually monitor activities of club members. The employee is required to be able to perform CPR or first aid. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, or balance, and stoop, jump, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee is required to operate a motor vehicle. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Working environment: Normal club environment.
WORK HOURS: This full-time salaried position will work within the hours of operation for the facility. Typical working hours may include a variety of schedules including 10:00 am-6:30 pm. 9:00am-5:30pm, 11:00am-7:30pm. Holiday, weekend, and evening hours will be needed as project deadlines and events dictate. Must be able to travel to off-site Clubs, meetings, and events.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job, including the support of all special events as assigned.
Boys and Girls Club of Dane County is committed to employment equity. All responses will be handled with strict confidence. The Interested individuals are invited to submit their resume, cover letter, and three personal references via Indeed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Madison, WI 53713: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you have experience working in a regulated childcare environment such as a preschool, day camp, residential camp, or licensed school-age program?
- supervisory: 1 year (Required)
- youth development (school aged): 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
- Health insurance
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities