132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Director of Programs
Director of Programs
Full Job Description
The Wisconsin Women’s Health Foundation (WWHF) provides critical health services and education throughout the state. Our mission is to innovate, impact, and improve women’s health. WWHF is seeking a Director of Programs to join our dynamic team of professionals working to implement innovative health programming. Please visit our website at www.wwhf.org to learn more about our programs which include Grapevine, First Breath and The Wisconsin Badger Resource Center. This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k program, life and disability insurance. The position is located in our Madison, Wisconsin office and will include some travel within the region.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are important tenets of the WWHF. The person in this position will work with the management team to build strategy for, and develop innovative, cutting-edge diversity and inclusion initiatives to foster a diverse, inclusive, and inspiring workplace. Including leveraging research, trends, best practices, and community insights to guide the development of comprehensive strategy to achieve our goals.
Program Oversight and Development (30%)
- Oversee operations, quality assurance, evaluation, and documentation of all program-related activities, including training and technical assistance, direct services, support services, community outreach, and digital education.
- Ensure high-quality training and technical assistance to program partners and providers.
- Ensure high-quality, effective, confidential services to program participants.
- Attend and contribute to all program planning and program team meetings.
- Develop and execute monitoring and evaluation plans; use equity-driven, mixed methods approaches to conduct process, outcome, and impact evaluations.
- Develop and execute community engagement and impact plans using needs assessments, listening sessions, focus groups, participant advisory groups, and storytelling practices.
- Engage in writing, editing, and approval of all major externally facing work products and communications (ex: training modules, health education campaigns/projects, major partner communications)
- Incorporate evidence-based practices, principles of health equity, and CLAS standards into all WWHF programming.
- Maintain a high level of understanding of the public health landscape to ensure programs are informed and current.
- Develop new programs, activities, and initiatives in line with program and agency goals.
Grants and Contracts Oversight (30%)
- Oversee all aspects of 8-10 grants and contracts; manage requirements, reporting needs, applications, renewals, reports, and contract administrator requests.
- Write annual workplans; engage regularly with program managers and coordinators to monitor workplans.
- Proactively identify work plan gaps or areas for improvement and execute plans to address issues.
- Ensure timely, accurate, high-quality reporting.
- Create and oversee an annual reporting schedule.
- Write progress reports and annual reports.
- Work with program staff to write and submit monthly program snapshots.
- Develop and maintain positive, productive relationships and a high level of communication with contract administrators.
- Seek out and develop new grant proposals in alignment with program and agency goals and write/submit grant applications; engage with Program Managers, Director of Systems Solution, Executive Director to gather needed components for application (data, budgets, etc)
- Proactively communicate with the program team to share grant and contract-related updates, performance, and concerns
- Meet regularly with the Executive Director and Director of Systems Solutions to monitor and troubleshoot grant and contract budgets.
Staff Development (30%)
- Oversee recruitment, hiring, training, evaluation, and professional growth of the program team; create an environment where team members feel safe, heard, engaged.
- Oversee and execute staffing plans; identify program and organizational needs and goals; align staffing plans to match needs and goals.
- Supervise between 5-6 direct reports (managers and coordinators)
- Provide coaching, mentoring, reflective supervision, and engage in a high level of communication.
- Conduct regular one-on-one check-ins and annual performance reviews.
- Create and implement plans to address performance concerns; execute performance improvement plans as needed; coach managers through performance improvement plans.
- Create and implement standards and guidance docs for managers and for the entire program team.
Strategic Planning & Partnerships (10%)
- Represent the WWHF and maintain a high level of visibility at high-level meetings and coalitions that align with the program and organizational goals.
- Build diverse, strong, state- and local-level partnerships.
- Meet regularly with the Executive Director and Director of Systems Solutions to engage in short and long-term strategic planning that builds sustainability, stability, and growth.
- Master’s degree in in Public Health, Community Health Education, Health Communication, or a related field.
- 5 plus years of professional health experience.
- Experience overseeing grants and contracts.
- Experience managing a team and developing staff.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize work/time.
- The ability to work independently.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to trouble-shoot when challenges arise.
- Outstanding writing, editing, and strategic planning skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to occasionally travel throughout the region.
For consideration, apply online at wwhf.bamboohr.com/jobs
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities