132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Systems and End-User Support Specialist
Full Job Description
The Systems and End-User Support Specialist will be responsible for providing technical support to end-users, as well as managing and maintaining the organization's network infrastructure, systems, and audio-visual equipment. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in both desktop support and systems administration, as well as audio-visual support, and will be able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting desktop and laptop computers, printers, and other end-user devices.
- Partner with LSU ITS to obtain infrastructure services and support for network and telephony resources.
- Monitoring and maintaining the performance and availability of servers, databases, and other mission-critical systems.
- Responding to technical support requests from end-users and providing timely resolution of technical issues utilizing a ticketing system.
- Performing regular software and security updates on desktop and server systems.
- Managing and maintaining the organization's cloud services, such as Microsoft 365.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation, including system diagrams, procedures, and policies.
- Participating in the design and implementation of new systems and technologies.
- Providing support to end-users on new systems and software.
- Assisting with the management of the organization's backup and disaster recovery systems.
Non-essential/marginal position responsibilities
- Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting audio-visual equipment, including projectors, sound systems, and video conferencing systems.
- Complete projects/reports as requested by Director of Information & Technology Services.
Required level/type of experience
- A minimum of 2-5 years of experience in IT support, with a strong background in both desktop support and systems administration.
- Extensive knowledge of desktop operating systems, including Windows and Mac OS.
- Experience with cloud services, such as Microsoft 365.
- Experience with Azure Active Directory and standard Active Directory services.
- Experience with virtualization technologies, such as VMware or Hyper-V.
- Knowledge of network protocols and technologies, such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and VLANs.
- Knowledge of audio-visual systems and equipment, including projectors, sound systems, and video conferencing systems.
- The ability to quickly diagnose and resolve technical issues and have a strong understanding of desktop operating systems, network protocols and technologies, cloud services, virtualization technologies, and audio-visual systems.
- The ability to provide excellent customer service and support to end-users and maintain a professional demeanor in high-pressure situations.
- The ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner to non-technical users, as well as the ability to effectively communicate with team members and other stakeholders.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, including on-call responsibilities as needed, and to be willing to go above and beyond to ensure the success of the organization.
- The ability to adapt to changes in technology and work processes, as well as the ability to learn new technologies and systems quickly.
- The ability to think critically and creatively to solve complex technical problems and find effective solutions.
- The ability to prioritize tasks, manage time effectively, and meet deadlines.
- The ability to take ownership of tasks and responsibilities and to work independently to achieve goals and objectives.
- The ability to pay close attention to detail and ensure that systems and configurations are set up correctly and securely.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field, or equivalent technical degree.
- Adaptability: Responds to changing circumstances by being innovative and altering behavior to better fit different situations; successfully works with new colleagues; willing to be flexible; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Critical Thinking: Practices objective rather than subjective modes of reasoning and action. Maintains perspective when assessing qualitative and quantitative information. Appropriately challenges and questions common beliefs.
- Effective Communication: Shares and receives information using clear oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Attention to Detail/Accuracy: Focuses on paying attention to all details and aspects of a job or process to avoid substandard outputs.
Work Environment Requirements
- May be required to work extended workdays, evenings, and weekends to meet deadlines.
- The ability to lift or move items weighing 25 – 50 pounds.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
- Health insurance
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities