132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Director, Human Resources Business Partner
Director, Human Resources Business Partner
Full Job Description
At Make-A-Wish® America, we are more than a great place to work — our work is life-changing. Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Nearly 40 years ago the inspiration for Make-A-Wish began with one little boy's wish to be a police officer. Today, together with our volunteers, donors, staff and supporters, Make-A-Wish has granted more than 500,000 life-changing wishes and transformed countless lives.
Make-A-Wish America is the national headquarters for our organization, providing resources and support for our Chapters around the country. The People Team is comprised of innovative professionals who elevate our strategic talent programs for the national office, while extending resources and support to our chapters.
This role is an exciting opportunity to be a critical part of the engine fueling Make-A-Wish America during high growth and transformative times! The Director, Human Resources Business Partner will lead the talent and organizational strategy under the director of the Chief People Officer. This role will work closely with senior leaders and will be a key member of the People (HR) Leadership Team. This role will need to clearly understand the strategy and direction of the business and partner to deliver talent and organizational solutions that drive success. The Director will have two direct reports (Lead Manager HRBPs) and will lead the focus on driving business outcomes, delivering against intense organizational growth objectives and driving a high-performance culture.
WHERE YOU COME IN
As the Director, Human Resources Business Partner at Make-A-Wish America you will:
- Provide strategic direction to key functions and management in the areas of organizational effectiveness and development, coaching and talent management
- Work with leaders to build a strong organization and operating models for the assigned function/business unit
- Build a high performing organization leveraging HR best practices
- Engage cross-functionally and assist staff at many levels in optimizing the performance of their teams and resolving issues
- Contribute to creating solutions in such areas as employment, employee communication, talent and career development, employee relations, compensation, benefits, and HRIS delivery
- Support continued growth and infrastructure by helping to identify talent gaps and development areas across functions as the business grows
- Provide day-to-day support to employees and managers regarding HR practices, HRIS systems, employee relations, development etc.
- Ensure system workflows and communication are efficiently executed across functions
- Support VP, HRBP and broader HR function on key projects and initiatives as well as day-to-day tasks
- Collaborate with Chief Human Resources Officer in the design, development, implementation and tracking of HR programs, policies and procedures, HR budget, department goals and objectives, and systems that support the organization’s mission and values.
- Partner with Chief HR Officer to develop, monitor, and adhere to annual budget.
- Serves as a member of the National Office Directors Team.
- Performs other related duties, special projects, reporting, and organizational analysis as assigned by the Chief People Officer.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field preferred
- 5+ years of progressive responsibility
- HR certifications preferred
- Working knowledge of nonprofit organizations is helpful.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation with annual incentive potential
- Comprehensive benefit package: Medical, Vision*, Dental*, Wellness
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account Options
- Health Reimbursement Account fully funded by Make-A-Wish
- Short Term Disability*, Long Term Disability* and Life Insurance
- Additional Insurance Plans: Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Pet Insurance through Figo
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with 5% match after one year of service
- Up to 15 PTO days
- 10 Sick Days
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 2 Volunteer Days after one year of service
- 2 Personal Days accrued annually
- Maternity Leave
- Employee Awards and Recognition Programs
- Individual and Leadership Development
- Discounts and special offers for theme parks, events, hotels, concerts, and movie tickets
- Monthly premiums paid for the employee for vision, dental, and short/long term disability.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Vision
Make-A-Wish is committed to championing diversity, equity and inclusion, fostering an organization that is accessible and welcoming. In turn, we are uniting communities to help make more wishes possible.
- Our mission is most effectively fulfilled through a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as core values and practice.
- It is only through our mosaic of different cultures, perspectives and experiences that we can grant life-changing wishes to every eligible child.
- As the world’s largest wish-granting organization we stand against racism and intolerance and are committed to representation and acceptance, creating a sense of belonging, and practicing fairness in creating opportunities for our wish families, volunteers and staff.
We respect and ensure equal opportunity, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, perceived disability and other legally protected characteristics. Make-A-Wish America utilizes E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities