132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Full Job Description
Administrative Assistant – Lipedema Foundation
Remote (Eastern Time Zone Preferred); New York City metropolitan area; or Greenwich, Connecticut
The Lipedema Foundation (LF), the world's largest funder of Lipedema research, is seeking an outstanding resourceful and collaborative professional to join our entrepreneurial team as an Administrative Assistant.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about philanthropy and impact an emerging corner of women's health research. This person will join an innovative start-up environment that values ownership, creativity and effectiveness, with potential to learn and grow.
LF staff currently work remotely. All staff members travel for in-person team meetings approximately every 4 to 8 weeks, often to the Greenwich, CT area.
The Administrative Assistant, a new role reporting to the Office Manager and supporting the LF team, will provide crucial administrative and logistical support, and engage in frequent and on-going communications with colleagues, vendors, research awardees, patients and other collaborators to amplify LF's research and awareness work.
The position requires management of multiple simultaneous priorities, as well as thoughtful and collaborative communication.
Up to 20% travel is required for this role.
Roles and Responsibilities
Operational support - 70%
- Support office administrative needs, including: scheduling meetings, managing calendars, tracking expenses, responding to voicemail (currently minimal)
- Create and maintain internal tracking files and databases, including but not limited to equipment, credentials, memberships, and payments
- Coordinate staff travel
- Monitor email and news feeds for relevant information, sharing with colleagues and other stakeholders as appropriate
- Help prepare the team for meetings, take meeting notes, and initiate and track follow-up actions
- Manage external relationships including business partners and vendors; account setup, billing and payment
- Conduct desk (internet) research to build own and the team's intelligence on new topics, collaborators, and experts
- Tackle one-off projects, large and small, including ad hoc administrative support for other team members
- Other duties as required
Event Logistics and Execution - 20%
- Support the office manager and CEO in tracking and implementing LF's external event participation and sponsorship strategy
- Assist Office Manager in planning and executing LF-sponsored events (e.g., LF scientific retreat; networking events)
Constituent Management – 10%
- Streamline, update and grow LF's constituent management database, including email lists, event attendance lists and other sources
- Monitor and respond to external constituent inquiries (phone, email, social media), working with colleagues as needed to craft responses
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 1 to 3+ years of relevant experience preferred; familiarity with philanthropy, nonprofits, and/or medical research are a plus
- Ability to work independently and team-based efforts with proactive and effective communication
- Comfort and skill working in a remote office environment
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, extremely organized, and a pro at managing multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent technology skills and proficiency in Google Suite; task management software (e.g., SmartSheet) and constituent mailing (Constant Contact) familiarity preferred
- Comfort and interest in working with women's health issues, with a particular sensitivity to patient experiences with the healthcare system
- Ability to handle confidential information, especially patient data, with discretion
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Ambitious and driven to learn and grow, with an interest in gaining knowledge about philanthropy and health research
We recognize that no applicant fits a job description perfectly, so we encourage candidates with most, but not all, of the above qualifications to apply.
- Capable of travel, minimal meeting and conference booth set up, including moving boxes.
- Capable of standing during booth-related duties at conferences (infrequent).
The Lipedema Foundation values equity and inclusion, and we encourage applications from people underrepresented in philanthropy to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other class protected under federal or state law.
The salary range for this role is $45,000-75,000 per year. LF offers a competitive benefits package, including generous insurance and retirement benefits.
About the Foundation and Lipedema
The Lipedema Foundation (https://www.lipedema.org/) is a private, non-fundraising foundation established in 2015 to define, diagnose and develop treatments for Lipedema. It has awarded more than $11 million in the US and internationally to date and maintains the Lipedema Foundation Registry (https://www.lipedema.org/registry).
Lipedema is a chronic medical condition primarily impacting women and characterized by a symmetric buildup of adipose tissue (fat) in the legs and arms, often with pain and, at advanced stages, impaired mobility. It is frequently misdiagnosed as obesity or lymphedema, though Lipedema is resistant to exercise and diet. Lipedema is widespread, affecting millions of adolescent and adult women, but is vastly under-diagnosed. Awareness is increasing; progress includes recognition by the American College of Cardiology (https://www.lipedema.org/blog/recognizing-lipedema) and publication of a standard of care in the United States (https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/02683555211015887).
Find out more at www.lipedema.org (https://www.lipedema.org/).
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities