132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Clinical Research Coordinator
Clinical Research Coordinator
Full Job Description
Employer: Western Institute for Veterans Research (WIVR) in collaboration with VA CSP and NODES Programs - VA Salt Lake City Health Care System
CLINCIAL RESEARCH COORDINATOR (Health Science Specialist)
Salt Lake City VA Medical Center, Office of Research & Development
About the Western Institute for Veterans Research
WIVR is a nonprofit corporation that facilitates research and educational programs within the VA Salt Lake City Health Care System by working with a variety of public and private funding partners to improve the health and well-being of Veterans. WIVR works with many of the Salt Lake City VA’s Principal Investigators, to improve Veterans' health and well-being via basic, translational, clinical, health services, and rehabilitative research. Currently WIVR has Investigators engaged in COVID-19 clinical trials to understand the effects of the virus on Veterans with cancer and various treatment options, with outside industry funding partner support.
Western Institute for Veterans Research | Salt Lake City, Utah - Home (wivr.org)
About the VA Cooperative Studies Program, Network of Dedicated Enrollment Sites:
The VA Cooperative Studies Program is the Division of VA Research and Development that is responsible for the planning and conduct of large multicenter clinical trials and epidemiological studies in the Department of Veterans Affairs. Our mission statement is to advance the health and care of Veterans through cooperative research studies that produce innovative and effective solutions to Veteran and national healthcare problems. To achieve this mission, CSP has a clinical research infrastructure that operates under the management of Central Office in Washington, D.C. CSP is comprised of professional experts at five data & statistical clinical coordinating centers, a clinical research pharmacy coordinating center, and four epidemiological resource centers.
VA Cooperative Studies Program (CSP)
(CSP) sponsors an initiative referred to as the N*etwork of Dedicated Enrollment S*ites (NODES). NODES is a consortium of VA medical centers (VAMCs) that have teams (nodes) dedicated to conducting CSP studies to enhance the overall performance, compliance and management of CSP multi-site research. While CSP studies are the primary focus, NODES has also expanded their scope and mission to include other VA research and high priority studies relevant to Veterans. In addition, the NODES work together to share best practices and provide local insights to CSP Central Office and CSP Coordinating Centers (CSP CCs) on study design and related considerations that can help with study management and conduct. Further, each node aims to create a stronger community of clinical research at their local VA and academic affiliate.
Network of Dedicated Enrollment Sites (NODES) (va.gov)
The Clinical Research Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and implementation of VA clinical trials within the Research Service at the Salt Lake City VAMC. This individual works directly with site investigator(s), research assistant(s) and other facility staff members; responsible for assisting in the initiation of new studies, including submission of required regulatory documents to IRB and R&D committees and subcommittees, initiation visits by study sponsor, preparation of informed consent, data collection and recruitment of potential study participants. S/he oversees the day-to-day activities of the project and acts as the resource person for all questions about the study activities locally; maintains a high level of knowledge and understanding of the study protocol, including all requirements for the patient visits, obtaining informed consent, patient visit schedules, test procedures, laboratory information and device accountability requirements.
Position Title: Clinical Research Coordinator
Location: Salt Lake City VA Medical Center (VAMC)
Salary Range: $57,118 - 74,250
Reports to: WIVR Program Manager & Salt Lake City VAMC NODES Leadership
· Recruits study participants, providing information on study objectives and constraints.
· Organizes and schedules clinic activities and obtains study information.
· Screens and assesses candidates for projects of limited complexity.
· Works directly with site investigator(s), research assistant and other facility; responsible for assisting in the initiation of new studies, including submission of required regulatory documents to IRB and R&D committees and subcommittees, initiation visits by study sponsor, preparation of informed consent, data collection and evaluation and recruitment of potential study participants.
· Oversees the day-to-day activities of the project and acts as the resource person for all questions about the study activities locally.
· Maintains a high level of knowledge and understand of the study protocol, including all requirements for the patient visits, obtaining informed consent, patient visit schedules, test procedures, laboratory information and device accountability requirements.
· Assists in the assessment of inclusion and exclusion criteria for each potential patient.
· Coordinate and conduct patient care visits and assure all procedures are conducted in compliance with the study protocol.
· Responsible for maintaining close contact and ongoing supportive relationship with study patients during treatment and follow-up phase, tracking adherence to study protocol.
· Educating medical staff about the study.
· Assure confidentially and security of human participants and data collected in accordance with HIPAA.
· United States Citizenship
· Bachelor’s or graduate/higher level degree (preferred major study in an academic field related to the medical field, health sciences or allied sciences)
Michelle Westover, Kandi Velarde, MPH, CCRC, Christina Nessler, MS, CCRC, CCC-SLP,
(801) 582-1565 ext. 1836 or 3480
VA Salt Lake City Health Care System
500 Foothill Drive (151)
Salt Lake City, Utah 84148
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Classification: Non-Exempt, hourly
Benefits: Employer subsidized medical, dental, vision, short/long-term disability, group life, paid vacation/sick leave, and 401K (with employer match)
Supervisory Responsibility: There are no direct reports.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance is required
Although candidate will not be employed directly by the VA, successful candidate must be able to be federally badged as administered by the VA and to include any background tests or screenings as required by the VA.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $57,118.00 - $74,250.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Clinical Research Trials: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
- Health insurance
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhilanthropyJobs.*
Philanthropy Jobs in Popular Cities